Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Adding Groups  (Read 3394 times)

qwaven

• Coppermine novice
[Solved]: Adding Groups
« on: March 08, 2009, 07:14:09 pm »

Hello all,

I am trying to add a custom group to the user groups panel and I am not finding a way to do so.

I see this: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#group_cp and I notice in the screen shot there is another link "create new group" which I do not see.

I've bridged my gallery with my forum which I think is why I do not see the option? However groups I created in the forum do not show up.

I don't mind if they don't show up (however that would be most ideal to share the groups) but I would like to be able to have some more groups one way or another.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance! :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 07:41:07 am by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

Re: Adding Groups
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 07:19:09 pm »

You need to enable the misleadingly named 'post based groups' feature in the bridge manager. You can disable the bridge and then enable it with that option selected using bridgemgr.php

qwaven

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 04:16:12 am »

Hey thanks for your reply. I re: did the bridge manager as you suggested and indeed things are working as expected now.

Thanks again! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 07:40:49 am »

Side note to Nibbler & Coppermine devs: the name is indeed named misleading. Reason for that: it is being used for something that was originally intended for something else. When I wrote the bridge manager I originally planned to use the feature as advertized and allow users to decide wether they wanted their post-based groups to be taken into account or not. Post based groups was then (and is now) a feature that resides in SMF for example. There are groups that you get promoted to by the admin or moderator, and there are groups that you automatically member of based on how many postings you have made. In SMF, you can determine for the entire group-based permission management wether the group membership based on post-count will be taken into account or not. I thought that was a good feature to use in coppermine as well, as it would reduce the number of groups displayed on coppermine's groups control panel.
However, it wasn't me who adapted the bridge files to work with the (at that stage brand-new) bridge manager, but mainly Nibbler did that (and you did a great job btw.). However, he misinterpreted the post-based-groups feature for something else: wether to take into account the non-default groups that the end user has created in the bridge app. That's why the switch does work a bit different to how it was originally designed and that's the reason why it is named in a misleading way. That's why I have changed the translation from "Use post-based groups" (cpg1.4.x) to "Use bridge app custom groups" in cpg1.5.x.
Additionally, the bridging documentation that will ship with cpg1.5.x has been improved. I'm convinced though that the bridge manager should have been re-coded from scratch for cpg1.5.x. Due to lack of time this hasn't been done, so let's schedule this task for cpg1.6.x.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.