Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2nd description for a category  (Read 2048 times)

fotoblende

• Coppermine newbie
2nd description for a category
« on: March 07, 2009, 11:19:25 pm »

Hello,
I am looking for help. I have the following issue.
I created a 2nd text field for category description, because in my layout I would like to have the category description (standard once) as a short description and a 2nd one where I can type a long description in. This 2nd text should shoen only, when I am in the category and see all the albums. I prepared a picture in photoshop to visulize my idea.
The 2nd field called "descrition_cxl" I generated in the SQL database as a text field.
I am not able to find the right file to insert the text and I am not sure what I have to type in to get this text filed dislayed.
Can someone help me, please.
Many thanks
Lothar

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: 2nd description for a category
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 01:33:46 pm »

That's not a trivial task, but quite a complex mod - you'd have to code the population of the additional field in various places as well as the displaying. I doubt that someone will code this for your for free, simply because it's beyond what you can expect from free support (of course everybody is welcome to prove me wrong). However, I'd rather look at existing solutions like applying the MiniCMS plugin instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.