Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: http upload doesn't work.  (Read 14410 times)

Conditor

• Coppermine novice
Re: URI/URL upload error
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 02:21:21 pm »

I think your english needs some improvement.

If i put that URI/URL uploads on 0 how will you even be able to test the error? The error is in the URL upload!! NOT in a other place.
U expect me to be polite and all you to is flame and DON'T CARE to read the problem. Offcourse i can download the image and upload it using the other upload function. BUT i wan't the URL upload to work.

Maybe you should learn how to deal with people instead of bitching. And read the proper discription of the error.. i can't believe you actually reply like this.

Fine if you CAN'T SOLVE a problem in the software you created (or give support for) then get that function out the program and it's solved the easy way..

I hope someone who actuallu reads the problem and has an idea can answer aswell.

Greetz Conditor

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
Re: [Invalid]: http upload doesn't work.
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2009, 02:32:48 pm »

I'm not going to keep this argues, just some things to tell and I'll lock the topic. Anyways, don't piss off as Joachim (the one that your posting was directed to) will answer, if he think is necessary, even if the topic it's locked.

Just 2 things:
To make 1 thing clear , this is EXACLTY my post ..
No, the owner of the topic, it's the topic starter. No way around with that. If you think that's Conditor issue it's your responsibility, then fix it outside this forum.

do i need to post more to PROOF that nothing is wrong whit my server
We got the idea, nothing else to "PROOF".
Click here: http://www.google.com.ar/search?hl=es&q=link%3A+coppermine-gallery.net&btnG=Buscar&meta= You will get as result: 2.400.000 gallery. Hmm.. Do we need more PROOF that the software works?  ::)

Locking.
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 02:56:54 pm »

*humming* don't worry.. be happy

Anyway, did you check if allow_fopen_url is activated with your host? You mention you checked php settings but not which ones. Allow_fopen_url is crucial for uploading using a URL.

And did you perform these steps as described in the docs?:
4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting

If you are experiencing issues with coppermine's upload process, temporarily change your coppermine settings as suggested below to get more detailed error messages. This applies to all upload methods, not only HTTP uploads.

Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
      (set Enable debug mode to "Yes: Everyone")
    * Leave display of notices switched off
      (notices are only meant for developers. If you have idea what they mean, leave them off.)
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only"
         1. set File upload boxes to "1" (1)
         2. set URI upload boxes to "0" (2)
         3. set No. of boxes to "fixed" (3)

# Save your new settings
(click on "Apply Modifications")

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.

* update. When i try to upload i get "0 bestanden waren met succesgeupload."
- Maybe this thread could help you http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,41420.msg196485.html#msg196485
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 03:10:57 pm by Hein Traag »

Conditor

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 03:22:07 pm »

Thank you for your kind reply.
 Can i call you Hein?

allow_fopen_url is activated with your host? Yes this is activated.

And did you perform these steps as described in the docs?:
* Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only"
         1. set File upload boxes to "1" (1) DONE
         2. set URI upload boxes to "0" (2) If the error is in this part, do i still need to disable this function by stting it to 0?
         3. set No. of boxes to "fixed" (3) DONE

All other settings are done aswell and the username, password and links are in the opening post.

If it's mandatory to put the URI upload to 0 i will do that without any problems. But i believe it's hard to check the error then (Again i can be wrong in this, if so please just say so polite)

Again Hein, thanks for the polite reaction on my question!!

Greetz Conditor

Conditor

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2009, 03:23:40 pm »

as extra for the  php settings:
php info

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2009, 03:25:52 pm »

You might know that it is not accesible with the nescesary rights.. or not  ;). Just answer the question.. is allow_fopen_url allowed or not?

Conditor

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2009, 03:41:35 pm »

it's "on" so it's allowed :-)

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2009, 03:52:40 pm »

2. set URI upload boxes to "0"  - just to be sure

Conditor

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2009, 04:00:48 pm »

Done :-)

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2009, 04:03:32 pm »

Works as expected.. At this point no clue what could be causing it. I assume all nescesary folder are set to 777 so that can't be it.

The one option i have left is the curl option.. thread is here: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,41420.msg196485.html#msg196485

I checked the other threads on URI/URL upload problems but did not find any good leeds.

Conditor

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2009, 04:07:05 pm »

Thank you Hein for checking. Indeed the normaal upload works perfect, and i also performed a forum search for a solution.
I'll read the link you gave me and hope there is a way in there to solve it.

Glad you helped me polite and did try to see what's wrong! Very much appreciated. I'll leave the settings like they are and hope a solution will come soon. I do realize that i can upload from a PC. The thing is that ALOT of images would have to go to the site and then URL is a very easy way to do it fast(er) as the other methode :-)

Again thanks for your kind support and time Hein :-) Must be from Eindhoven? ;-)

Conditor

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2009, 04:20:43 pm »

Hein, the link u gave me was the solution to it all!

Thanks you so much for getting involved, for staying polite and just gave me direct info on what to do and how to get further with this!!

This is proof that some good communication is the answer to everything! In less then 25% of the time needed in my previous attempts to get support you solved it!

I hope your way of giving support will be a example for some people who can learn alot from your way of handling!!

U can put this post on solved, and please Hein, keep up the amazing work!!!!!

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2009, 04:23:16 pm »

Assuming you would be the person doing the upload the prefered method for admins is to use the ftp+batch add way. Not URI/URL. Even for normal users it would be better to use upload boxes (ie HTTP) and not uri/url.

Anyway, I'm not from Eindhoven (lucky me  ;D) but a litte more to the south. My last suggestion would be to get rid of the URL/URI method.

Cheers
Hein

Conditor

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2009, 04:29:11 pm »

Assuming you would be the person doing the upload the prefered method for admins is to use the ftp+batch add way. Not URI/URL. Even for normal users it would be better to use upload boxes (ie HTTP) and not uri/url.

I know it's better to have the http uploads, but some people have alot of their work on the net allready, all uploads have to be approved by a admin (god thank for that  function) so we still have it in control.

Anyway, I'm not from Eindhoven (lucky me  ;D) but a litte more to the south. My last suggestion would be to get rid of the URL/URI method.
More to the south? Getting closer to me, i live about 10 minutes from the border with the netherlands.. even married a girl from Eindhoven ;-)

Cheers
Hein

Again thanks! You are a prime example of amazing good support!!

PowerChaos

• Coppermine newbie
  • PowerCHaos Webmaster
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2009, 04:42:05 pm »

Works as expected.. At this point no clue what could be causing it. I assume all nescesary folder are set to 777 so that can't be it.

The one option i have left is the curl option.. thread is here: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,41420.msg196485.html#msg196485

I checked the other threads on URI/URL upload problems but did not find any good leeds.

finaly a nice and working answer
i like to say Thank you for your helping

but i dont get it how it comes, here you use the curl methode and that works whitout problem
whit the otehr way it doesnt seems to works when even every setting is right

So , Thank youf for your nice support and The fix whe needed (cant say that of the 2 other staff members like the admin and the other 1 that i dont want to call his name )

Thank you
Greets From The Crasher
Removed ads that are unrelated to coppermine from signature. Removed unrelated advert link in website field of profile.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
Re: [Solved]: URI/URL upload error
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2009, 05:03:50 pm »

Well everybody has their good and bad days. Things is this could have been solved a lot earlier when a good search was done by either your client or you. I merely pointed to a tread which contained the solution.  And try to keep in mind that it is always better to be polite. Even though a other person might not to do so.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Invalid]: http upload doesn't work.
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2009, 07:07:38 pm »

Mr. Super-Webhost, you haven't read what I said: as Fabricio pointed out, you're not the owner of this thread. If you are trying to back up what Conditor is saying or if you are trying to help him, you should have said so clearly in the first place. Your posting however looks like a totally unrelated issue.
If you're planning to make your own mod based on Coppermine, then go ahead. If you plan to make it bigger and better than the version we provide, go ahead as well. If you want to provide better support, that would be great as well. Please tell us when you have started your services so we can send people looking for help to your super-forum.
If you have something else to contribute except that you're a super-webhost and that the issues conditor is having can no way be caused by your server setup, but by the extremely buggy script we provide, then I'd love to see your suggestions for code changes - after all, you're planning to come up with an improved version of coppermine, so it's not too much asked to see your code proposals.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Solved]: URI/URL upload error
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2009, 10:52:26 am »

The mod suggested in http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,41420.msg196485.html#msg196485 is using CURL as a replacement for the URI upload mechanism that a default Coppermine comes with. If CURL works, but the regular URI upload mechanism using url_fopen doesn't work, this is caused by restrictions imposed by the webhost. Fine that CURL is enabled and therefor this entire thread was resolved for the user who started it. Not fine to have PowerChaos have the last word on this, as he hasn't done anything to solve the issue and so far has only flamed here.

The other thread got locked, so discussion was continued here? That's just plain silly - not respecting the locking of a tpoic and starting another one is showing disrespect.

So this is what I'm going to do:
  • merge the two threads together, as they're both pointless as standalones.
  • Lock the new thread to make sure it doeesn't get cluttered even further with flames
  • Banning PowerChaos permanently, as I'm not ready to tolerate his flaming attitude.
  • Banning Conditor for three days from posting as a warning to allow him to cool off

PowerChaos

• Coppermine newbie
  • PowerCHaos Webmaster
[discusion betwean me and the admin] this is to discus a topic
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2009, 01:05:00 pm »

hi all
because i cant post in general for 1 of other reason ( i never could) so i am forced to post it here

first of all
the topic that was solved is deleted and merged whit a invalid topic ?? why ?? , was the answers in that post not good ?? wasnt solved by you ?? wasnt a good topic because you feel fustraded and dont want to give credit to some1 who solved the problem ?? (it was a developer that came whit the answer o.O)

then flaming to me ?? , ok i flame to you for 1 simple reason that you know why -.- and i got the right to do that because you just go offtopic and ignore a support request

then i give you the detais of my webhost and you complain that url_fopen not is activated ?? then it means that you dont look to the right place (what els dit i expected if i see the post merging whit a WRONG post ...)

so you post some un usefull information , you ban persones because you cant have it that they are right

if curl works whitout changing a single thing , then it does mean that there is something wrong

and like you probaly know , not every webhost got curl installed (not that it is hard to install -.- )

but to come back to the point
the reason of this trouble is just the way you react and how you response
if you expect nice persones , then be nice
if you look at other forums where you see my name (i got differend names) then you dont see that i dont flame mutch -.- exept if they ask for it

and like i just make 1 post here , and get a lot of commend over it because i am helping some1 to make it easyer in case you dint got it what he meaned (if i readed the respons ) and then getting trouble for making 1 post ??? thats just asking for trouble and you want then that they stay nice

locking a topic just means that you cant handle it , so they cant response on it and means that you just give up (isnt that right ?? )

because when you leave a topic open , if the problem is solved then you dont get a post on it anymore , but if some1 make a post in it then it got a reason (maybe same problem , maybe a other problem )

Then i want to have a other complaining , banning because i post in a topic that is related to me/my client (my clients are related to me , i need to fix them because they ask it to me and i am not allowed to post -.- nice fixing ... jsut like this forum then ...)

for 1 reason i can understand this way of support , because its freeware
but for the same reason does the support need a lot better , specialy from the 2 persones who i got so far

let me explain why (in case you dont know the reason)

1) a free script is populair because its good
2) a free script that isnt good whit bad support = no1 use it anymore in case they got a other solution
2) support is needed to get more persones to it to use it
3) a bad support gives  a bad name if something is wrong , you know how fast a bad name can go (even whit 2.5 mill websites related to the link of coppermine)
4) a good support and a bad script makes a good script (support do a lot , support do everything ) 
5) a good script and a good support = they never leave and never complain

so , i hope i make my point here

and in case you want to keep you on the rules like you complain to me
This topic is Created by me and i want only a ASNWER from the admin to discuse this point i try to make

deleting this topic just means that you say that i am right and then i find other ways to ask what other persones likes of it (there goes your name :P)

only a admin is allowed from me to reply on it because it goes betwean me and the admin (i got trouble whit him so .. he need to reply)

in case you want to lock this topic or want to delete this topic , dont forget to delete the other topic to whit my post in (just do like we dont exist , then you dont need our posts and Questions for other persones if it makes any difference)

so , feel free to leave a reply
in case you still want to ban me ,then go ahead

Greets From The Crasher

Removed ads that are unrelated to coppermine from signature. Removed unrelated advert link in website field of profile.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [discusion betwean me and the admin] this is to discus a topic
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2009, 01:07:30 pm »

Oh my, you can't stand it like a man and start another thread? Merging with the initial thread where you misbehaved and finally banning you - I really have had enough. I'm not going to argue with you.

Removing your signature line and inapropriate adverts from your profile. Go away and stay away.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 01:14:29 pm by Joachim Müller »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.