Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change server and upgrades errors  (Read 6241 times)

xtoo

• Coppermine newbie
Change server and upgrades errors
« on: March 05, 2009, 06:19:20 pm »

I change server and I did an upgrade and now it is a mess

some photos got lost some do not want to display

My sql table is a mess  some tables have a different extension is that supposed to be like that???

HELP

www.albumefoto.com

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Change server and upgrades errors
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 06:38:10 pm »

I change server and I did an upgrade and now it is a mess
You should have taken one step at a time

some photos got lost some do not want to display
Well, happens if you failed to transfer the pics from the old server to the new one. Take http://www.albumefoto.com/displayimage.php?pos=-14931 as an example: the image http://www.albumefoto.com/albums/userpics/20080621_IMG_010717.JPG that is being displayed on that page simply doesn't exist. Make sure that you have performed a full backup on the old server. Make sure to have uploaded the full backup to the new server. What else could I say?

My sql table is a mess  some tables have a different extension is that supposed to be like that???
No, definitely not. Doesn't happen if you upgrade as suggested in our docs. Happens if you don't do as suggested. Take a look at include/config.inc.php with a plain text editor: you can find out about the table prefix there. It should be safe to delete all tables that contain a different table prefix (using a third-party tool like phpMyAdmin). Just to be sure: make a backup first!

None of the issues you have (missing pics, wasted database) are to be expected if you do as suggested in the docs. Subsequently, they exist because you have made a mistake. Since we can't tell what mistake you made we can hardly advise anything except saying: do things properly.

Joachim

P.S. Additionally (although not related to your issues) you should remove the vanity icon from your custom theme - you don't deserve it because your custom theme doesn't validate - see http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.albumefoto.com%2F . Go to coppermine's config -> Themes settings -> Show the vanity block on themes that are defined as XHTML and CSS compliant -> No
Even better though would be to review your custom theme and make it validate...

P.P.S. Supporters are much more inclined to look into your issues in detail if you play by the rules. Among the rules is the policy that says "resolve your threads". You had another thread that you failed to resolve...

P.P.P.S. Not related to initial install - moving thread accordingly.

xtoo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 07:45:35 pm »

in your Ps PPS and PPPS  what are you talking about?  What vanity icon?  ??????   Do not know what are you talking about.  do you want to help?

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 10:54:07 pm »

What vanity icon?  ??????   Do not know what are you talking about.
If you don't know what some supporter it's talking about just do as suggested. If you want to know what some supporter it's talking about, Google it!

do you want to help?
We all here for that! Do you want to be helped?  ::)

You should have a DB backup, restore it and start again. :)
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

xtoo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 02:50:06 am »

So what do I do now? I want to keep the same design and plugins  data base some of it is lost some it is ok   so please let me know what to do

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 08:28:55 am »

We told you what to do: restore your backups. If you haven't made backups before the old server went down, you're stuck. Nothing we could do for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 21 queries.