Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Not able to change Admin password  (Read 6117 times)

ninabell

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Not able to change Admin password
« on: March 05, 2009, 03:30:50 am »

The Coppermine gallery I am having the problem below is not my first gallery.  I have had a Coppermine gallery for almost a year installed by my son and I had not have any problem with that one.

But I have a hosting company now and a gallery was installed a few days ago using Fantastico.  The first problem was that I was not able to upload even though I had set everything properly. The hosting company found the problem and they fixed it.  They told me yesterday that the problem was fixed but now I can't change my administration password. I can't even find the slot where you can change the password. I've been working all day to see if I can find the problem and have searched the documentation and the forum but I don't seem to find how to fix the problem.  If there is a thread here in the forum where this is discussed, would someone please point it out for me?

Once the gallery is installed with one of these programs, is there a history of subsequent problems?  Because I would then consider uninstalling this gallery and re-install it the way my son and I installed the other one, the Coppermine way. Thank you for any advice you can give.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 05:37:22 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Not able to change Admin password
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 07:31:17 am »

But I have a hosting company now and a gallery was installed a few days ago using Fantastico.
Due to sad experience with auto-installers (and especially with Fantastico) such installs go unsupported.
Because I would then consider uninstalling this gallery and re-install it the way my son and I installed the other one, the Coppermine way.
The "Coppermine-way" is the inly supported install method. But worry not: you don't have to perform an un-install. Just perform an update in the "Coppermine-way", i.e. as described in the docs we provide and your Fantastico-install will become a genuine Coppermine install.

Once the gallery is installed with one of these programs, is there a history of subsequent problems? 
No.

They told me yesterday that the problem was fixed but now I can't change my administration password. I can't even find the slot where you can change the password.
Log in as admin, click "my profile" on the admin menu, scroll to the bottom, click "change my password", apply the password changes and submit the form by clicking on "change my password" once more.

ninabell

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 01:22:03 pm »

No.
Log in as admin, click "my profile" on the admin menu, scroll to the bottom, click "change my password", apply the password changes and submit the form by clicking on "change my password" once more.

Thank you. At least there is some reassurement that things will eventually be fixed.

But with the problem of not being able to change the password still persists.   The problem is that after my hosting company worked to "fix" the problem of not being able to upload, even when I login as administrator, when I go to my profile, there is not a place to change the password.  There is not even a checking slot besides my name to check and make changes.  I registered myself as a regular user and everything is fine in the profile area, but as administrator, I can't make changes. But it was after my hosting company worked to 'fixed' the uploading problem.  I contacted them last night and they say they are 'fixing' the problem.

I've been learning to work with Coppermine slowly by reading the documentation and I have been able to do a lot of things one thing at a time in my other gallery; the one that my son installed "the Coppermine way'.  But this problem with the new gallery is something that is a little beyond where my knowledge is at this time.  The reason I decided to ask here is because It's been about a week that I am dealing with the hosting company and one problem seems to bring another. 

What could be the reason(s) why I, as administrator, can't change my password? 

ninabell

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 02:23:58 pm »

Update:
Problem was 'fixed' by the hosting company. I am now able to change password and everything seems working fine. Thank you!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Solved]: Not able to change Admin password
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 05:47:53 pm »

Don't rely on the hosting company. Upgrade, turning your fantastico install into a genuine coppermine install.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.