Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: compleatly lost  (Read 3982 times)

snagelcat

• Coppermine newbie
compleatly lost
« on: March 05, 2009, 06:24:40 pm »

I installed Coppermine fine,
I goto upload Photo's there are only 4 fields to upload.
I built this for the family, and no way they will use it,
They are used to websites like facebook where you click on all the photo's you want to upload at once.
I searched this website but am compleatly lost on what to do.
The addons are crazy, I'm not a programer, alot of addons come with no instructions on how to install.
I'm lucky I got simple scripts to install coppermine
what should I do?
Please help!
thanks
Sean

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: compleatly lost
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 06:40:50 pm »

Start by reading board rules. They should tell you what to do in a request for help, as we need more information if you actually want a reply that differs from the usual "RTFM". There are no programming skills required to do some reading...

snagelcat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 07:18:47 pm »

well if you spoke english perhaps I could understand, your rude, and I'm deleting this thing.
I did read, that's all I've been doing for 5 hrs!
I don't understand most of what you wrote.

snagelcat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 07:25:27 pm »

as we need more information if you actually want a reply that differs from the usual "RTFM"

What does that mean?
it's stuff like that that totaly amazes me about this site, every help section is written in some kind of code

snagelcat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 07:31:19 pm »

You should get a Gun and start shooting people, most of your posts are very Angry.

snagelcat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 07:33:53 pm »

if anyone else knows how to get this out dated software to upload like every other site, let me know, I might use it

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 07:36:41 am »

I already told you: do as suggested per board rules. It's all Greek to you? You don't know what I mean? OK, what can be misunderstood about this paragraph:
8. Post links
When posting a support request, it's helpfull for supporters in most cases to see what the actual page looks like, that's why it's recommended that you always post a link to your coppermine gallery page when asking for support. If your site contains adult content, make sure to post a warning together with your link!
That's English, isn't it? Does the word "always" mean anything to you? Where's the link you're suppossed to post?

I'm deleting this thing.
OK, go ahead - we don't mind.

every help section is written in some kind of code
Really? What's so mysteriously complicated about the section "Asking for support on upload issues". You're asking for support on upload issues, and that section explains what you need to do in this case. Even what will happen if you fail to do as suggested there is being explained:
When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!

You should get a Gun and start shooting people, most of your posts are very Angry.
To me, your postings look very angry - you're trying to threaten people.

The addons are crazy, I'm not a programer, alot of addons come with no instructions on how to install.
Well, there is a section in the documentation that explains how to install any plugin, so there's no need to describe that process in every thread that announces another plugin. If you buy new shoes, do you expect a written tutorial in the box that explains how to tie your laces?

I'm lucky I got simple scripts to install coppermine
No, you're not. Auto-installers are not recommended because they leave the install in a faulty state. People then come here. After a lot of support postings both on the end of supporters as well as users it usually turns out that people have used some silly "auto-installer" that introduced the error in the first place. We have a strict policy: auto-installers go unsupported (as in "no support at all"). This being said: convert your auto-installed coppermine gallery into a genuine Coppermine gallery (the only supported install/upgrade method is the one we describe in our docs) or find support from the people who provide your auto-installer.

if anyone else knows how
It doesn't make sense to address others. They'll post the same piece of advice: do your homework first by doing as suggested per board rules and per docs.

this out dated software
Don't use it if you think it is outdated.

I might use it
How generous of you. ::)

Listen: grow up and return after you have started shaving. Or review your attitude and drop the flaming. Your choice. Next silly posting will lead to a permanent ban, as I'm not ready to read your rants.

Joachim Müller
- Coppermine project manager -

snagelcat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 05:43:53 pm »

wow, not even going to bother reading all of that. It goes on and on and on, must of took you 5 hrs to write that when you should be fixing your core files! I did delete it and bought some awesome software!!!! Only $60 and it's state of the art, not like this "has been", out of date buggy thing. you can't even delete photo's in it!
Go back to programing school! What can we say Anger Issues? your about to POP!
HA what a joke!
Go smash something and get over it!

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 05:54:23 pm »

Banned user. Locked thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.