Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on image related files  (Read 2122 times)

Geowil

• Coppermine newbie
Question on image related files
« on: February 25, 2009, 08:31:18 am »

For Coppermine, how many files are created per one image file put into the gallery?

Reason I am asking is at the moment my server is getting a little bogged down while using Gallery2, which makes 5 files per image file, and I still have a lot of content to push up. (102k images in the gallery, total 480k files in the data storage)

persianprince

• Coppermine newbie
    • Free Coppermine Gallery Hosting
Re: Question on image related files
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 08:57:58 am »

Are you sure Gallery2 creates 5?

I think Coppermine creates 2 more. The thumbnail and the intermediate.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 09:35:34 am »

Yes, out of the box, coppermine stores three copies of a file: the original, the intermediate-sized and the thumbnail. If you're short on webspace, you can configure coppermine to resize all files to the size you specified for intermediate images. This will result in very moderate resources consumption.
I'm not a Menalte Gallery expert, but I'm convinced that they have an option as well that allows you to store less copies. You probably enabled to many features (alternative resolutions come to mind, or watermarking).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 05:36:40 pm by Joachim Müller »

Geowil

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 04:50:07 pm »

space is ont an issue, its the number of files total that is, its causing my gallery to take a longer period of time to find the full size images and load them, again not much longer, maybe 2 or 4 seconds more, but after i get all 340 gigs of my content up that could change drastically.

I'll give coppermine a try, was going to originally anyway xD.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 05:38:10 pm »

The number of files should not be an issue if you use a good folder structure. You may run into performance issues though with so much data on one single server.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.