Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch add problem  (Read 3423 times)

JohnM-UK

Batch add problem
« on: February 22, 2009, 10:44:41 pm »

New topic as per forum rules....
Was recently using 1.4.18, have now updated to 1.4.20. Before and after having a problem with batch add timing out:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in \\web-tiscwin\f2spackage01\oneuk.f2s.com\www.oneuk.f2s.com\web\content\photos\searchnew.php on line 275

I can http upload no problem, but I have a folder per year on my ftp where I like to upload my files. I have recently created a 2009 folder, so the total number of folders in albums is 8 (including edit and userpics).
I read the docs about this issue. I changed the group options as suggested, and enabled debug.
File upload boxes: 1      
URI upload boxes: 0
No of boxes: fixed

There are 2 files in 2009 to be added: C_MG_1877.jpg and C_MG_1970.jpg
and one in 2008: C_MG_1948.jpg

http://www.oneuk.f2s.com/photos

user: cpg
pass: cpgtest014

I have given user permissions to upload, not sure if you can access batch add through this though, let me know if I need to make any changes.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Batch add problem
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 11:22:43 pm »

Max execution time is a setting in the php config. The error is telling you that the script is taking too long to process. There could be many reasons for this especially if you are on a shared host. It is also something you are unlikely to be able to change if you are on a shared host.

One reason could be that you are uploading big files and getting cpg to resize them to whatever dimensions are set in the cpg config. That takes a lot of cpu time,  , so resize them before you upload them. You could be adding watermarks, again using a lot of cpu time. It could be that a lot of sites are being hosted on the same server as yours slowing down the script.

There is a simple way out and that is to use the excellent Jupload plugin to upload your files. As it resizes the shots then uploads them one at a time as far as the server is concerned it gets round a lot of the limitations.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

JohnM-UK

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 11:32:50 pm »

Bascially I'm doing it the same as I've done it since I've been using cpg (2 years-ish). As I said I always use batch add because I like to ftp my files to specific folders. The only change I've made in the last 12 months (except updating) is created a new folder in albums. In ftp surfer there is an option to change permissions but when I click it (on the albums folder) nothing happens, but since I've been uploading to albums/ for ages then nothing should have changed, right? The only things that has happened to my blog recently is that my isp screwed up and suspended my webspace by mistake. Now its back and the only change is that which I stated above.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 11:37:55 pm »

Well you need to speak to your host. You could be on a different server or there could be different config now. Jupload will allow you to upload to the correct album but it will not allow you the control of putting the files in specific folders on your host though why you need to I do not know.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

JohnM-UK

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 11:47:13 pm »

What is it I need to speak to them about specifically? Is there a particular piece of software that should be on the server that allows batch add to work?

JohnM-UK

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 11:46:32 pm »

Is it something to do with this 'php.ini' file I've read about? Is that something that's actually on the web server as opposed to on my webspace?

JohnM-UK

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 12:23:32 am »

Well I've found a workaround wihich will help me for now, just navigate straight to the appropriate batch add page:
http://www.oneuk.f2s.com/photos/searchnew.php?startdir=[foldername]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.