Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: batch uploads  (Read 3472 times)

Peeker

• Coppermine newbie
batch uploads
« on: February 16, 2009, 08:50:35 am »

This may be unique or not but I'm setting up a gallery that will eventually have 200-300,000 images online. When I try to do a batch add in a directory with currently 8,000 files in it the script seems to freeze for up to 2 hours before I have to exit and try again, is there a way to limit the number of files imported at a time? or to speed this process up??

Thanks for any help you can provide.... ;D

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: batch uploads
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 09:02:37 am »

Try this plugin: CpgMassImport.

Download and support for that particular plugin can be found here: http://cpg-contrib.org/board/index.php?topic=123.0

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 11:21:10 am »

Create a folder structure that makes sense - you would not want 8,000 pics to end up in one album, as nobody on earth will actually look at such an album.

Peeker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 11:53:28 pm »

Create a folder structure that makes sense - you would not want 8,000 pics to end up in one album, as nobody on earth will actually look at such an album.

While I really appreciate your insight on the subject rather than giving me your opinioun of how my board should be run I was only asking for a solution to the problem. This particular directory is a private folder for members of a picture trading group that will act as an archive for the pictures since yahoo will not save these files online any more. and the members of this group certainly will look at them. But thanks for your advice.  :-*

Peeker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 03:46:21 am »

Try this plugin: CpgMassImport.

Download and support for that particular plugin can be found here: http://cpg-contrib.org/board/index.php?topic=123.0

thanks for the tip I did install it but was wondering where I might get some doc's for it?? I need for it to insert albums rather than catagories/albums ... Thanks!!  ;D

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 06:53:11 am »

Not supported on this board. Post CPGMassimport questions there.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 07:51:21 am by Joachim Müller »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.