Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How deny access to a album  (Read 2224 times)

jakob.b

• Coppermine newbie
How deny access to a album
« on: February 12, 2009, 08:49:20 pm »

How I deny access to a album, but still show it (album thumb) in the albumlist? As seen http://fotos.lauftreff.ch were the date shows. Thank you, Jakob

Aeronautic

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Photographer / film maker turned webmeister...
Re: How deny access to a album
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 11:55:51 pm »

Have you read the Album Properties section of the docs?

Perhaps password protection will meet your needs?

Album Password: you can specify an album to be password-protected (instead of relying on the "regular" group-based permissions). This way, you can even allow access for unlogged users (guests) who you provide the password to...

jakob.b

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 10:50:34 am »

Thank you Aeronautic for your thought, yes I did read the album properties sektion of the manual.

To my understanding, after turning the password on, the regular visitor can't see the album thumbnail. My wish is that the visitor can't click (open) the album because it dosen't contains any pictures except the one showing as thumbnail, which just serves as a placeholder as you could see in the provided link.

If I did overlock somthing in the manual, I apologise in advance. Thank you Jakob

Aeronautic

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Photographer / film maker turned webmeister...
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 04:36:36 am »

No problem - what is the end result you really want? What is the point of showing an album thumb but not have it have any pictures except the one showing as a thumb?

You can create an album and upload only one picture - that would be the default thumb for the album if I understand your question.

Clicking on it would open the album but all they would see is that one picture.

From what I saw in the example link the albums have dates because the album names include a date. At least one I opened had many pictures in it.

Is this a style question? About removing the album stats from displaying (# of files, last uploaded, etc.)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.