Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Upload in a windows environment - SOLUTION  (Read 2412 times)

Pit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • http://www.ibforen.de
Batch Upload in a windows environment - SOLUTION
« on: February 06, 2009, 08:18:04 pm »

I have written about the problem and its solution here on April 25th, 2006, nearly 3 years ago in version 1.4.5 !!

From time to time I see people coming here with the same problem and the moderators are always answering: "This is a known problem blabla..., switch the interface".

Now I will give it another try, the last one:

I had posted a deep analysis of the problem. The bug is so obvious, that I can't quite understand why the developers are not following my thoughts. And the bug is so evident, that the solution is as plain as the nose on your face. I had posted the modifications too.

And for all non developers: The leading slash in front of the path is causing the problem in windows environments.

@Moderators:
Before you hit the keys for a quick answer, please take a deep breath, think about all the user questions concerning that problem and think about the times you have got a bit irritated and consequently returning a sarcastic answer.

And before you answer, that this should be tested: Me and a couple of admins have tested the solution on various windows servers. This afternoon I have installed the new 1.4.20 applying the suggested bugfix with full success.

And be sure: I will not bother you again with this topic.
I do not code for or support Invisionboard 2.x

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Batch Upload in a windows environment - SOLUTION
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 11:05:22 pm »

Thanks for the reminder, Pit. As was previously stated, this hadn't been confirmed by a dev with access to a Windows server. I don't know if I saw your previous thread before, but today I saw this and a reference to your solution on another thread. I'll check this out on my windows server the next time I get a chance.

Thanks for researching the solution and not giving up hope quite yet.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: Batch Upload in a windows environment - SOLUTION
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 04:36:03 am »

I have just committed a fix to minibrowser.php and searchnew.php that incorporates your fix into the next major version of Coppermine, 1.5.  Details are here.  1.5 is in the feature freeze stage and we are working toward an alpha and beta release.  No timeline is set, and it is not allowed to ask for support for 1.5.  We are all working hard to get it out as soon as we can.

Once this fix has been tested, I'll commit a similar one to 1.4.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.