Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: File Size Limits  (Read 3622 times)

pkulak

• Coppermine newbie
    • PKulak.com
[Solved]: File Size Limits
« on: April 28, 2004, 04:41:07 am »

Here's what happened. I noticed that coppermine would not take files larger then 300k or so on my new server. Specifically, if the file was large, imagecreatefromjpg() would fail. Well, not return the empty string like it's supposed to, the script would just stop dead right there.

So, I switched to ImageMagick. Now it seems that I have a larger file limit before things break down, and I haven't bothered tracking this one down as hard core as I did with the GD problem since the limit seems to be somwhere around a meg and I think I can live with that. Has anyone run into this problem before? I have this version running on my machine and no such issues, by the way.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 08:49:50 am by GauGau »
"To do any good at all, just believing you are right and you motives are good isn't enough." - Ursula K. Le Guin

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: File Size Limits
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 09:42:16 am »

this is a known issue for both image libraries: image conversion consumes a large amount of resources on a server; there are some settings in php.ini and server config that limit how much resources those scripts are allowed to consume. If you run your own server, you can modify those parameters in php.ini to some extent.
This has already been discussed on this board, for details have a look at http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=5701.0 for example.

GauGau

pkulak

• Coppermine newbie
    • PKulak.com
Re: File Size Limits
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 04:20:02 am »

Ah, okay. That would explain why it's so random. Thanks.
"To do any good at all, just believing you are right and you motives are good isn't enough." - Ursula K. Le Guin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.