Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sub category not listed in proper place in album choice (when uploading)  (Read 2622 times)

brettz

• Coppermine newbie

I've attached two images to help me explain the problem.  I have a category called "class years" with a subcategory of "1980" (and several other years).  "1980" is followed by another subcategory called "reunions".  The sub-sub "reunions" has four albums in it.

But when I uploaded an image (as a test user) and was asked to place it in an album, the list of the categories does not display properly.  It doesn't show that "1980" is a subcategory of "class years" ("class years doesn't appear on the list at all).  But worse is the next level down in categories.  The sub-sub category or "reunions" was placed at the bottom of the list of choices (instead of under "1980" where it belongs), making it confusing and very unclear to the user.  In the image you'll see the sub-sub "reunions" and its four albums not following 1980, but at the very bottom of the list.  And although I cut off the image/screen shot, so you can't see the entire option box, the category of "class years" never appears at all (I realize it is not an album, but having it displayed would help to clarify the structure of the categories and albums.

Is this something I have to live with, or is it a setting I haven't discovered yet?  I did make sure that category depth (levels of categories to display) was set to 4 just in case that affected the drop-down box choices.

Also, perhaps related, the display of the albums is alphabetical rather than the order in which I placed them.  I did find a setting to override alphabetizing of categories, but haven't found the equivalent for albums.

And yes, I have read the documentation.  I didn't find anything concerning my two issues here (the first of which is much more important to resolve than than latter).

Thanks.
Brett

brettz

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Sub category not listed in proper place in album choice (when uploading)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 12:36:23 am »

Oops.  Here is the other image.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 08:49:15 am »

I did search through the forum, please do that yourself next time, and found this:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,57167.0.html

brettz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 08:57:16 am »

Thanks Hein.

I must admit I didn't conduct a search, but only because I was at a loss for what to enter as the search terms.  I thank you for your help.  I will (in the morning -- I'm really tired right now) try what was suggested in the post you found.

Thanks again.

Brett

brettz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 04:09:40 am »

I tried the coding changes.  They did change the order of the selection box offerings, but did not do it properly.

The parent category is still not showing up. The subcategories are now in the wrong order.  And the sub-subcategories are still not under the subcategory to which they belong (although they are in a different place than before).

I've attached a piece of the screen shot.  "Class Years" is the parent category.  The years subcategories (e.g., 1979, 1980) follow that (and should appear in numerical order).  Under 1980 should be "reunions" which has several albums.

Brett
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.