Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: user rating functionality and more.  (Read 1930 times)

bestkidphoto

• Coppermine newbie
user rating functionality and more.
« on: January 28, 2009, 04:38:09 pm »

Hi, I'm new here. I just installed the Coppermine a week ago and I'm still evaluating it. My intended use is to have a gallery where people would post pictures of babies, kids and vote on the best picture. I looked for a gallery that has a specific functionality but I could not find it. If anybody knows where can I find this specific functionality, please let me know.

Here is what I'm looking for.

1. user ratings to be points and to add up to a rating of the picture. Let's say, you have 5 users rating a picture with 5 stars, the picture would have 5+5+5+5+5=25 points.

2. related to the first functionality, the users that upload pictures would receive points for every vote that they give to another picture. Let's say, the user has 3 pictures uploaded but he voted 7 pictures today. He would receive 7 points that would add to the rating of each of his pictures.

3. last and not least, I want to have a script that will cut points daily from each pictures based on the number of accumulated points. Let's say reduce by 10% if you have 0-100 points, by 20% if you have between 100-500 points etc.

I want to know if this is possible in Coppermine, if there is some functionality already that I can use to start developing this change and if someone can help me in anyway.

thanks,
Paul
www.bestkidphoto.com/gallery

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: user rating functionality and more.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 08:10:05 am »

I'm not aware of a gallery application that already has all those features out of the box. This could be accomplished using coppermine as well as many other apps, but you would have to apply a lot of code customizations to accomplish what you're up to. You can hardly expect this to be done for free by a third party, so I'm afraid you'll have to hack that in for yourself or hire someone to do that for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.