Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: Forum Coppermine - Change my email but not receive email activation.  (Read 3216 times)

altares

• Coppermine newbie

hi,
my nickname is VEGA. I have change email in my profile but not receive email activation. (I have already check filter antispam). Thanks for your help

Simone Marani
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 11:30:31 am by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Forum Coppermine - Change my email but not receive email activation.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 11:29:49 am »

Then use the account you used to post this and forget that other account, or register a fresh one. You're not allowed to use two different accounts anyway.
I have just verified myself and went through registration using another browser: registration works as expected, sending the registration email works as expected. Account activation works as expected. Logging in, going to the profile, changing the email address and then re-activating the account using the new email address works as expected as well.
I can not see any fault from our side as far as webserver setup or forum setup are concerned. Maybe you failed to use the proper email account. Maybe you just made a spelling mistake. Maybe your email client is manipulating the activation link. That's none of our business - we can not babysit users through the registration process, nor can we change accounts just because another user is saying so: from our perspective, you are another user. We don't have the tools to make sure both VEGA and altares are one and the same person.
The question remains why you do have two different accounts anyway, as board rules say that you're not allowed to pose as two different users anyway.
This being said, I'm marking this thread as "invalid". It takes moderation effort to answer such meta-postings like yours. Please don't, it's a waste of time. You already PMed me, which was ignored as well for that very reason.

Joachim

altares

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Forum Coppermine - Change my email but not receive email activation.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 12:18:29 pm »

so much controversy at all. If I write that I do not receive the email to activate it will be a reason? I get the message "An Error Has Occurred!"
But as usual, you'd rather do many considerations.

You're not allowed to use two different accounts anyway.
You're quiet, which is not my intention to make improper acts.I'm just using this. Iam sorry

You already PMed me, which was ignored as well for that very reason.

thank yuou very much. Very  kind and available man!!

altares

• Coppermine newbie

are you sure that everything worked well so far and that the problem was only mine?

answer honestly! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Are you accusing me of not being honest? You're saying I'm a liar? Look, I did what I told you: I went through the entire process that I described just yesterday, a minute before I typed my reply for you. I did so to make sure that there is no issue with our server nor the script.
I already wasted enough energy on you imo. Your blatant accusations are just lame. I already advised you what to do: register another account if you must, but stop wasting my time, OK? Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.