Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Moving pics/albums from the User Galleries  (Read 2311 times)

aperry

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Moving pics/albums from the User Galleries
« on: April 27, 2004, 04:11:19 pm »

Hi,

I've posted many pics (complete with titles and descriptions and whatnot) to an Album within the User Galleries area.  I'd like to move the Album (or even just the individual pics) from the User Gallery area to some newly created Albums organized in Categories outside the User Galleries.  I'm having a lot of trouble accomplishing this because:

a) Categories outside the User galleries are not showing within the "Album Category" drop-down list in the Album Properties page (for an Album within the User Galleries) and

b) Likewise it seems that Albums within Categories outside the User Galleries are not showing up in the "Album" drop-down list within the image description screen (for pic within an Album contained inside a User Gallery) .

Any help?

I tried a few searches through the support forums and couldn't find a solution, but I apologize if this has been posted before.

Thanks,
Aaron
« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 09:13:45 am by GauGau »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Moving pics/albums from the User Galleries
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 05:00:32 pm »

a)  this is normal, as the album cannot be moved into any other category (without playing with the database).

b)  the albums in other categories will be in the dropdown list, in the edit pics page, providing they have had their properties set to allow 'visitors can upload'.

It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

aperry

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Moving pics/albums from the User Galleries
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 05:59:01 pm »

Thanks Casper.  You are right about case "b", I somehow must have confused myself in attempting to resolve this. 

Thanks again,
Aaron
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.