Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Users banned for no reason?  (Read 3243 times)

vidmarc

• Coppermine newbie
Users banned for no reason?
« on: January 15, 2009, 08:44:42 pm »

We moved to a new hosting company recently, so I'm in the process of setting up Coppermine, which is linked to a Simple Machines forum.

However, one user says he is unable to access the gallery as it says he is banned, yet he is not. In fact he is not even listed as a registered gallery user - do forum users need to separately register to the gallery or are they automatically registered from the forum?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Users banned for no reason?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 09:10:02 pm »

Did you have bridging enabled before?

When you enable a bridge, any users in the coppermine database are no longer available though they will still be listed in the MySql database. Once a bridge is active the registration and membership list is handed over to the forum software. So users when users register no the forum they will then have acces to the gallery. If they try to register on the gallery, it redirects to the forum registration page.

You users will need to re register to gain access. Where it becomes complicated is if they had created user albums. These are associated with a user ID no which will be different under the bridge. If you only have a few users then you could edit their user IDs using phpmyadmin. If you have a lot of users then you are in trouble. That is why it is recommended that you bridge on a fresh gallery only.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

vidmarc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 09:12:19 pm »

I'm not aware of "bridging" - where do I enable this? As the gallery is still being set up, nobody has set up galleries or visited the gallery before.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 08:49:18 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.