Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joomla bridging with Mehdi works once, but second time does not show CMS menus.  (Read 4179 times)

NWLB

• Coppermine newbie

With the first install,

http://royalcaribbeanfan.com/rcifan.gal01/ 

the bridge works well.  The Joomla menus are there, all is well.

The second install, which is on a different but identically equipped server, works, but the other modules and menus will not show.

http://www.sonsofnumenor.com/gal01/

The Coppermine home menu takes you back to the main menu, so it is workable in a fashion.  But I can't find any topics in search that speak to this kind of problem. 

I have Coppermine 1.4.19 Stable installed, with Joomla 1.5.8.

Nibbler

We don't support Mehdi stuff sorry, only Coppermine here.

NWLB

• Coppermine newbie

I've noticed the staff here is faster to kvetch about questions outside of a million boundries than to either point in the right direction or help at all.

Nibbler

Can't answer questions about something which I know nothing about. Ask for support from wherever you got the mod from.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me

I had to look up "kvetch". Blooming merkans ::)

I digress. Your coppermine install is working fine but you are getting a number of problems with Joomla and a couple of css conflicts. As none of these problems are coppermine related, you should try the thread on the Joomla forums where Mehdi provides support for his bridge/hack.

For all those that comlain about the brief answers the devs give.... They are busy developing the next release of coppermine (1.5). On top of that they are trying to support users in their spare time free of charge. 70% of the questions asked on here have already either been answered or are in the docs. In those cases it is frustrating for devs/supporters to do the work for people who are too lazy to do it for themselves. There is then a percentage of people who struggle to realise that the Coppermine team can only support coppermine problems on these forums. Many ask for support on totally unrelated programs or even general coding questions. There are groups and forums dedicated to that so please use them. The remaining users get all the help they need and often you will find devs put a lot more work into things than they really should. So please understand when the help you require cannot be provided here.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

I've noticed the staff here is faster to kvetch about questions outside of a million boundries than to either point in the right direction or help at all.

You, my friend, are a help vampire.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 10:01:01 am by Joachim Müller »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.