Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Zip Download Favorites - Blank Screen  (Read 3532 times)

simonmason

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: Zip Download Favorites - Blank Screen
« on: August 25, 2009, 02:13:07 pm »

First, great software - I have had a lot of fun sharing pictures with my family - Coppermine is easy to use and is well put together.

I just noticed an issue with the zip download of Favorites.  It is working on small quantities of pictures, so I didn't notice this before.  One of my family members recently tried to download 44 and they got a blank screen.  I read all of the related posts and tried to diagnose myself.  I have the php timeout set to 360, memory to 128M.  It is my own web server so I control all of the setup, etc.  The server is located at www.themasons.net/gallery.  Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide to help in the debugging?  Thanks again for the support.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 05:55:18 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Zip Download Favorites - Blank Screen
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 02:27:31 pm »

Thanks for your nice words about the software.
Creating the zip file on the server is a resources-intensive process as you already figured out. What you need to change on your webseerver setup to allow such huge zip files to be created is beyond the scope of support here. We can not support you on webserver setup. You should review your server's logs to figure out what exactly is the bottleneck; we can't help you with that. We do not recommend self-hosting.

Joachim

P.S. I suggest rotating images with portrait orientation (like http://www.simonmason.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-1781) before uploading them into your coppermine gallery, and I suggested resizing the images before they uploading them. This will result in file sizes that make sense on the web and will on the way help you with your issues as well. You're using a crutch with the flash viewer. Full-size images with 2592 x 3872 pixels and a file size of 3.7 MB are just not suitable for presentation on a website.

simonmason

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 02:40:05 pm »

All good ideas - I will look into the web server logs to see if there are any errors or timeouts.

Regarding the rotation - I agree.  As I am sharing with family I am often lazy and don't go through to check and see which ones need rotating.  I should do this!

Do you have a recommendation on a utility that I could run easily to resize to make the pictures more manageable?  I am simply copying my main picture directory onto my web server each night so the files are too large!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 02:52:04 pm »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,31423.0.html

Take a look at irfanview. You can batch resize with that. I use photoshop but many people do not have that so simple tools such as irfanview do the trick.

Another option would be to use the Jupload plugin. It resizes them before upload and allows you to rotate any required images on your desktop before the upload keepin all the work local.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/board,100.0.html
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 05:55:05 pm »

Coppermine can do the resizing of the full-size pics as well if you're too lazy to perform that, so you will just need to perform the batch-rotation. As Phill suggested, IrfanView is great for doing that (and a load of other things). I have even created a tutorial for IrfanView a long time ago, see http://coppermine-gallery.net/tutorial/irfanview1.php
However, that's beyond the scope of this thread. We have a strict "one issue per thread" policy that you agreed to respect when signing up. Marking thread as "closed", as your original issue (how to configure your webserver to enable zipping of a huge number of giant images) is beyond scope of this board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.