Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Misaligned userswith bridged CPG and phpBB3  (Read 3746 times)

Fliggerty

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: Misaligned userswith bridged CPG and phpBB3
« on: January 10, 2009, 04:53:27 pm »

Hello!

I had been using Coppermine 1.4.18 with a no-name CMS for some time, and thus I had no bridging features.  I recently switched to phpBB3, partially due to the appeal of having an integrated image gallery using a bridge.

After I got everybody migrated to phpBB3 and installed the bridge, I noticed that something was wrong with "alignment" of users.  When I go to "My Gallery," it shows me the albums of someone else.  If I go to that person's gallery, it says it is owned by a GoogleBot...and so on down the line.  I realize the problem has to do with the numbering of the users in the database; I was user_id 1 in CPG before, but in phpBB3 I am technically #2.

Looking through the database has me even more confused though.  In the table cpg_users, I see that my user profile is assigned user_id 7; in the phpBB3 database in the table phpbb_users my user id is 2. 

I'm really not sure what I need to do to fix this.  Any help is more than appreciated!

--Fliggerty
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 08:56:24 am by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

Re: Misaligned userswith bridged CPG and phpBB3
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 04:55:35 pm »

This is to be expected when you bridge a gallery that has existing users, hence the warnings in the documentation. If you search the board you should be able to find previous discussions about this and some database queries that can help.

Fliggerty

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 04:59:22 pm »

Well thank you.

Although, I am using "BRIDGE: Coppermine 1.4.14 <-> phpBB 3.0.0" by Stephen from team-andro.com, and see absolutely no warnings in any of the installation instructions that were with the mod.   :-[

A previous search before making this post hasn't turned up anything so far (there seems to be real problem here with non-descriptive topic titles) but I am continuing my search.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 09:11:15 am »

The warnings exist in the documentation that comes with coppermine.
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#integrating_users_start

Fliggerty

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 02:17:47 pm »

Yeah, I finally figured this out after messing around in phpMyAdmin for a while.  I can't say I got any help from this board, despite an extensive search.  I may have overlooked something, but out the dozens of threads where people had a similar issue, you guys responded exactly the same as you did to me.  Told that answer lies somewhere, and told what we did wrong.

It would have taken just as much time to link to a thread where a solution had been presented as it would have to link to the help documentation to say what I did incorrectly.

And this type of response seems to be typical of this forum.

I really like Coppermine, and I thought that it had a great support community until I actually had a problem.  Then I learned otherwise.

People come here because they enjoy the same piece of software that you guys do, and yet they can't figure something out.  Why be so harsh about it?  Why not kindly answer questions instead of criticize?  Are you worried you'll have to do it too often?  The truth is you won't; as you help other people learn, they will in turn help others.  That's how a good support community works...look at phpBB for an example of that.

<-----off to download Gallery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.