Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: user rating functionality and more.  (Read 1931 times)

bestkidphoto

• Coppermine newbie
user rating functionality and more.
« on: January 28, 2009, 04:38:09 pm »

Hi, I'm new here. I just installed the Coppermine a week ago and I'm still evaluating it. My intended use is to have a gallery where people would post pictures of babies, kids and vote on the best picture. I looked for a gallery that has a specific functionality but I could not find it. If anybody knows where can I find this specific functionality, please let me know.

Here is what I'm looking for.

1. user ratings to be points and to add up to a rating of the picture. Let's say, you have 5 users rating a picture with 5 stars, the picture would have 5+5+5+5+5=25 points.

2. related to the first functionality, the users that upload pictures would receive points for every vote that they give to another picture. Let's say, the user has 3 pictures uploaded but he voted 7 pictures today. He would receive 7 points that would add to the rating of each of his pictures.

3. last and not least, I want to have a script that will cut points daily from each pictures based on the number of accumulated points. Let's say reduce by 10% if you have 0-100 points, by 20% if you have between 100-500 points etc.

I want to know if this is possible in Coppermine, if there is some functionality already that I can use to start developing this change and if someone can help me in anyway.

thanks,
Paul
www.bestkidphoto.com/gallery

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: user rating functionality and more.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 08:10:05 am »

I'm not aware of a gallery application that already has all those features out of the box. This could be accomplished using coppermine as well as many other apps, but you would have to apply a lot of code customizations to accomplish what you're up to. You can hardly expect this to be done for free by a third party, so I'm afraid you'll have to hack that in for yourself or hire someone to do that for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.