Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: batch upload overloads system  (Read 2103 times)

bartman

• Coppermine newbie
batch upload overloads system
« on: January 08, 2009, 06:02:31 pm »

I'm currently using MySQL 4.1.20, PHP 4.3.9 and Apache 2.0.52 along with ImageMagick 6.0.7 on Coppermine 1.4.19. Whenever I try to batch add about 40 pics apache/convert processes completely overload my system and freezes it up till the processes time out. This is on a rather old machine/distro (thus why I'm running older versions of mysql/apache, these are the most stable versions for my version tree) which is a P4 2.8ghz with 1gb of ram. I've ran older copies of coppermine on much lesser machines and have had zero problems.

Any ideas? If I do 4 pictures it does finish and add to gallery fine but it still takes a good 5 minutes and still overloads my system till it finishes...

Nibbler

Re: batch upload overloads system
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 06:09:15 pm »

Set MaxClients to a small number in apache configuration or cut the number of concurrent connections your browser opens.

bartman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 06:14:47 pm »

I'm sure if I turn this down enough it will stop the overloading but why is it so slow? Is imagemagick 6 a resource hog? Should I get GD2 perhaps or a older version of im?

thx for the reply...

bartman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 06:32:20 pm »

actually forget about it, I'm sure it's because these versions are so old and probably a bug or two causing it... I'll try to find another server to use that is faster and more up to date and I doubt the issue will continue...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.