Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: before i download id like to know....  (Read 3543 times)

listen4it

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: before i download id like to know....
« on: January 08, 2009, 08:05:55 pm »

I run a car club site and I was wondering if my members joined up, can they create their own albums for other members to view. Rather than the admin setting up each and every album for the member. Is this possible?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 08:48:40 am by Phill Luckhurst »

Deus

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • DJ-Daz
Re: before i download id like to know....
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 08:21:19 pm »

absolutely.
they can also hide them too.
https://daz-stuff.uk
DJ tutorials, E-Bikes, Movies and videogames.
(https://daz-stuff.uk/daz/signature.png)

listen4it

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 08:33:38 pm »

Great.

Thanks alot

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 08:37:30 pm »

Before you download, read the documentation. Check your server specs match, check what coppermine can and cannot do. Make sure you are happy to run and install the software and are happy to regularly check back on this site to make sure there are no updates and if there are, that you can do them.

It doesn't take long to do the above, including the updates if needed. When you install make sure you keep notes of any modifications etc you make so when the time comes to updating you can do it with ease. Also make sure you keep regular backups of the software and the database.

Sorry if this sounds patronising, but you would be suprised by how many people do not do those simple things that make life easier in the long run.

As for your questions, it can do all that and more.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

listen4it

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 08:58:38 pm »

thanks again. I read the documentation and i am having troubles allowing users to set up their own album. WHen i got to user mode, click on upload, and click on create new album, i get this:
Error
You don't have permission to access this page.

Deus

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • DJ-Daz
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 09:27:28 pm »

you can't upload in usermode, it's there just for show - ie, to show you as admin, what a user will see.
go back to admin mode and upload that way.
or if you use windows xp http://www.yourgallery.com/xp_publish.php I use xppublish all the time, it's easy, fast, and still retains a lot of control for albums.
You can also BATCH UPLOAD.
Upload a load of images via ftp, then in admin mode, click batch add.
https://daz-stuff.uk
DJ tutorials, E-Bikes, Movies and videogames.
(https://daz-stuff.uk/daz/signature.png)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 10:33:09 pm »

thanks again. I read the documentation and i am having troubles allowing users to set up their own album. WHen i got to user mode, click on upload, and click on create new album, i get this:

In admin mode go to the groups panel and make sure personal gallery is set to allowed and decide if you want approval enabled or not. Also decide if you want to allow uploads in public albums. Make sure you press apply changes.

Next, go into config and click on the users tab and choose your desired settings in there. Most are self explanatory.

Finally, logout and register a test user. Then try and create albums as that test user and check uploading.  Remember, you must create albums before you can upload. If you create albums as an Admin you must edit the properties of that album if you want your users to be able to upload to it.

You can always delete those pics and the test user as admin later.

And contrary to what DEUS says, you can upload in user mode. Read the docs on what user mode actually does.

Finally, we have a one question per thread policy. It makes it easier for others to find answers so if you have any other questions, please respect this rule.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 10:40:26 pm by Phill Luckhurst »
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

listen4it

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 01:13:39 am »

In admin mode go to the groups panel and make sure personal gallery is set to allowed and decide if you want approval enabled or not. Also decide if you want to allow uploads in public albums. Make sure you press apply changes.

Next, go into config and click on the users tab and choose your desired settings in there. Most are self explanatory.

Finally, logout and register a test user. Then try and create albums as that test user and check uploading.  Remember, you must create albums before you can upload. If you create albums as an Admin you must edit the properties of that album if you want your users to be able to upload to it.

You can always delete those pics and the test user as admin later.

And contrary to what DEUS says, you can upload in user mode. Read the docs on what user mode actually does.

Finally, we have a one question per thread policy. It makes it easier for others to find answers so if you have any other questions, please respect this rule.

thanks for the input. all is cleared now. u can close this topic.

thanks again
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.