Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: batch upload overloads system  (Read 2086 times)

bartman

• Coppermine newbie
batch upload overloads system
« on: January 08, 2009, 06:02:31 pm »

I'm currently using MySQL 4.1.20, PHP 4.3.9 and Apache 2.0.52 along with ImageMagick 6.0.7 on Coppermine 1.4.19. Whenever I try to batch add about 40 pics apache/convert processes completely overload my system and freezes it up till the processes time out. This is on a rather old machine/distro (thus why I'm running older versions of mysql/apache, these are the most stable versions for my version tree) which is a P4 2.8ghz with 1gb of ram. I've ran older copies of coppermine on much lesser machines and have had zero problems.

Any ideas? If I do 4 pictures it does finish and add to gallery fine but it still takes a good 5 minutes and still overloads my system till it finishes...

Nibbler

Re: batch upload overloads system
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 06:09:15 pm »

Set MaxClients to a small number in apache configuration or cut the number of concurrent connections your browser opens.

bartman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 06:14:47 pm »

I'm sure if I turn this down enough it will stop the overloading but why is it so slow? Is imagemagick 6 a resource hog? Should I get GD2 perhaps or a older version of im?

thx for the reply...

bartman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 06:32:20 pm »

actually forget about it, I'm sure it's because these versions are so old and probably a bug or two causing it... I'll try to find another server to use that is faster and more up to date and I doubt the issue will continue...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.