Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-resize  (Read 2038 times)

Bill_FL

• Coppermine newbie
Auto-resize
« on: January 05, 2009, 01:07:41 pm »

Ok, I am a newb to Coppermine. I am trying to help a friend set his up and have a question. By reading, I figured out that his server has a php.ini file size limit of 2mb. As we all know, most digital cameras now take pics way bigger than that. In the set up of his gallery, I checked the "auto-resize" and it is on. I guess in my silly little brain, I figured that if what he was trying to upload was to big, it would auto-resize the pic to the max allowed. I guess that is not the case. I can upload a smaller file, but not one straight from his camera. Is there a way to get his pictures to automatically resize? Is there an add-on that will do it? This guy works on motorcycles and is not very technical. I know there is some simple stand alone software that will resize, but I am trying to avoid that. Any help would be great.

Nibbler

Re: Auto-resize
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 01:20:54 pm »

The auto resize cannot work if the file is not accepted by the server initially. Contact your host about getting the limit increased, resize the files yourself prior to upload, or use FTP+batch add for adding files.

Bill_FL

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Auto-resize
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 07:05:42 pm »

I was reading about JUpload. If I installed that, would that work?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.