Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: EnlargeIt! AJAX GUI for CPG 1.5.x  (Read 226192 times)

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
Re: EnlargeIt! AJAX GUI for CPG 1.5.x
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2010, 05:52:57 pm »

Please try latest SVN version of codebase.php.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2010, 08:14:34 pm »

Well done Timo, works a treat.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

marcelm

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2010, 03:15:20 pm »

Changed Dutch language file.

Marcel

marcelm

« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2010, 03:20:18 pm »

Am I correct when I conclude that pictures that are to big for the browser screen are reduced in size by the browser and that IE is not doing that good job of it and that Firefox is better.

Link: http://mmmfotografie.nl/thumbnails.php?album=219 and look at the landscape orientated pictures that are resized when the browser screen is smaller.

Marcel

andybutkaj

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2010, 09:27:26 pm »

Instalation
1.15 version works on mac.... tested newest safari, firefox 3.6.2 and with Chrome 5.0 on mac/leopard snow leopard..

chrome looked like doesnt work.... no + icon was displayed when above the thumbnail (i tried different albums and pages, clicking thumbnail doesnt make any action)... so i tried google to search some reports about problem with new enlargeit + chrome, and didnt find any...

so i returned to chrome browser and then i found, that it already works... + icon is displayed and it works normally... surprised, but 
great work...

Small bug
When you set the info button to show intermediate page it goes to page .. displayimage.php?pos=-<IDPIC> (note - before the PICID)
but coppermine 1.5 version now use ... displayimage.php?pid=<IDPIC> (without - before the IDPIC and parameter 'pid' is used instead of 'pos'

I think,
using pid=IDPIC is great plus for linking.... before with pos=- technique, position of images were altered after new images were imported

Two versions?
I have a question why there are two versions 1.15 + 1.9 (there is no explanation text near files in the first article of this forum)

andybutkaj

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2010, 09:54:54 pm »

edit: you can see the wrong info button link, (problem which i described above) - at my site www.toprq.com [Link not safe for work] with coppermine 1.5rc + enlargeit1.15 installed

[andybutkaj - please follow the rule about posting links  in the future]

[edit Joe Carver - add link + posting warning]
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 10:48:59 pm by Joe Carver »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2010, 07:11:11 am »

Two versions?
I have a question why there are two versions 1.15 + 1.9 (there is no explanation text near files in the first article of this forum)
The numbering scheme goes up, so v1.15 is six versions more advanced than v1.9. Subsequently, you should not use the older version v1.9, but only the newest version v1.15. The older version v1.9 is attached for reference purposes to the initial posting, because it was the version that started the forking of EnlargeIt for cpg1.4.x and EnlargeIt for cpg1.5.x, which is only important from a developer's point of view, but can savely be ignored by you. As Joe already told you, you should respect our rules in the future!

andybutkaj

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2010, 10:17:26 pm »

Thanks Joachim for explanation... Numbering was clear, but it looked strange, why just two versions, one definitely far older.. thank you for clearing it out.

Regarding rules, i apologize... sure, i did not read rules... i just signed up recently and wanted to share my findings that chrome+macos works, (in documentation macos+chrome was not listed). You can delete my post (link) if you can ( i cant )... when i saw url tag is possible, i listed url, as I just wanted to show the issue regarding enlarge1.15 and info button, didnt mean to break a rule... even when i didnt know i should post a warning with link, i think at least, i may have posted link to 12 other categories which are safe for work... wiser everyday ;) 

during instalation and modifications in my coppermine/enlarge, i found some other small issues which may save time for somebody:
if using enlarge there is a problem to update thumbnail_image_view section, via theme.php in your themes/ directory. Because, enlarge seems to copy this part to codebase.php (plugins/enlargeit/ directory). so if you want to change this section, you will need to change this part in codebase.php, not as recommended by coppermine (in theme.php), which has no effect at all.
Maybe this can be noted somewhere in documentation (or is it already somewhere?) because many users wants to change what is displayed under thumbnails and this section is one of most widely changed part in coppermine installations.

also i found another small issue with ie7 or chrome + "display a link to the plugin configuration ..." option. This option breaks the coppermine "config" menu panel, which is badly displayed (broken) if this option is allowed.

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2010, 08:05:52 am »

also i found another small issue with ie7 or chrome + "display a link to the plugin configuration ..." option. This option breaks the coppermine "config" menu panel, which is badly displayed (broken) if this option is allowed.

A man goes to the doctor: "I always get red spots on my chest an hour after I drank more than two litres of tabasco liqueur." Guess what the doctor may answer?

Turn the option off if it doesn't work correctly with your theme.

andybutkaj

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2010, 08:30:21 pm »

Timos, lol, of course I disabled it... thats why I wrote  "... if this option is allowed"...

If you are not interested about this bug - that enlargeit plugin + STANDARD coppermine theme (curve) causes this problem, never mind... sorry for "disturbing"

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2010, 07:10:12 am »

Instead of posting apologies you just should do as suggested: Joe reminded you of board rules, yet you haven't done as he suggested - you still haven't posted a link to your gallery. Do so now, without further excuses and without shouting "bug". >:(

andybutkaj

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2010, 10:06:52 am »

Joachim, link to gallery is still posted in Reply #105 on: March 25, 2010, 08:54:54 pm...  ;)

Where I am "shouting" ??? I am very satisfied with this plugin and its earlier versions for 2 years now. I just mentioned some small issues and thought it might have been useful and informative for someone who develops it.

For you convenience, posting link to the gallery again:  www.toprq.com [Link not safe for work]

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2010, 12:04:41 pm »

Timo, please note that issue.

Cath22

• Fotofantastic
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2010, 02:53:38 pm »

Hi Timo, is a "slide-show" feature also possible with this neat plugin?
Now you still need to click to next picture, (or use keyboard), some automation would be nice, not?

Greetz
Cath
qui custodiet ipsos custodes

Timos-Welt

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Timos-Welt
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2010, 04:55:04 pm »

Slideshow is on my to do list, but no release date is given for now.

Andre: Thanks I'll have a look.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2010, 09:40:21 am »

There appeard to be a problem with Bb code generation when an image has no intermediate pic. This only applies if you modify the code to use intermediate rather than the thumb.

Any ideas on a way to fix this issue.

Take a look at this image as an example.

http://www.windsurf.me.uk/cpg133/displayimage.php?pos=-4456

It currently uses the no thumbs image (which is correct if using the thumbs). The mod to the code should fall back to the fullsize if there is no intermediate generated because the fullsize would be smaller than the specified intermediate size.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 09:51:59 am by Phill Luckhurst »
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

mrdee

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2010, 11:58:00 am »

Hi Timo

I am just in the process of trying to migrate my site to 1.5.4 and stuggling getting this plugin migrated.  I think I found a bug when calling flv files.  I notice you changed the location of some of the files in this version (from the 1.4 edition).  It appears that on calling a flv file via EnlargeIt it finds the player file OK, but when the player tries to call the actual movie file it doesn't find it in the location which codebase.php points it to.  The fix which is working for me is to find both instances of the following text in codebase.php:

../../../

and replace them with:

../../../../

Regards

mrdee

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2010, 03:35:28 pm »

One more just found (again in codebase.php):

Replace this line:

for($pos = 0; $pic_data[$pos]['pid'] != $pid && $pos < $pic_count; $pos++) {

with this one:

for($pos = 0; $pic_data[$pos]['pid'] != $pid && $pos < $pic_count; $pos++); {

Prior to doing this the movie dimensions were not being pulled correctly for each movie thumbnail on the page.  When viewing the browser page source it was clear that only the first thumb in the album of movies was showing a longdesc which included the correct movie dimensions.

Regards

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2010, 03:39:16 pm »

Replace this line:
Code: [Select]
for($pos = 0; $pic_data[$pos]['pid'] != $pid && $pos < $pic_count; $pos++) {with this one:
Code: [Select]
for($pos = 0; $pic_data[$pos]['pid'] != $pid && $pos < $pic_count; $pos++); {
Then you can also delete the whole line :P I don't know what this loop does, but when you add a semicolon, the loop does only loops for fun.

mrdee

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2010, 03:53:28 pm »

Then you can also delete the whole line :P I don't know what this loop does, but when you add a semicolon, the loop does only loops for fun.

I agree.  I think by adding it in it causes the next line to execute irrespective of the for-loop (?)  I think only Timos will have the full background to the coding.  I suggested doing it this way to replicate the line that was in the plugin for Coppermine v1.4.  It worked for me in that edition, and adding the semi-colon back in gets me the functionality back again now.  I appreciate Timos may wish to look at a better way...

Regards
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.