Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slider animation on album list page for cpg1.5.x  (Read 98506 times)

Arminius

• Coppermine novice
    • www.arminius-numismatics.com
Re: Slider animation on album list page for cpg1.5.x
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2013, 09:10:50 am »

Thanks for the slider, it works great!

(by the way: I did not need to install a second one for my homepage as i incorporated my gallery in a website window.)

tooold

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2013, 12:38:20 pm »

At page 2 in this thread Andre explained how to use this slider on any external page. Does this mean pages outside Coppermine Gallery? Would be great  :D.
If so, may I please ask if someone can explain a bit more about what to put where, I'm not at all familiar to coding. Of course, I do understand where to change the page/folder to my own, but not where to put the files. (The zip file is explained, I'm referring to the other two codes).

If impossible to understand what I mean please ask and I will try to write it different. I'm far from good in english  :-[

Niecher

• LocalSupporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Re: Slider animation on album list page for cpg1.5.x
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2013, 03:16:45 pm »

Examples how you might use it on every external website:

Code: (inline frame) [Select]
<iframe src="http://yoursite.com/gallery_directory/index.php?file=slider/fetch" width="100%" frameborder="0" /></iframe>
Code: (PHP) [Select]
echo file_get_contents('http://yoursite.com/gallery_directory/index.php?file=slider/fetch');

Hello tooold

If you want to display the slider, in an external page html, use the first code.
If you want to display the slider, in an external page php, use the second code.

Put these codes, in an appropriate line of your html or php document, right where you want to display the slider. Depending on the design of your website and in which position in your document you want.

Regards.

Niecher

• LocalSupporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2013, 03:36:22 pm »

Does this mean pages outside Coppermine Gallery? Would be great  :D.

I forgot to say, Yes

Regards.

tooold

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2013, 08:49:29 pm »

Works great  :D :D
Thank you so much, Andre for telling about this briljant spolution and Niecher for explaining it perfect and in such an easy way. I feel shame for not understanding that it was two options to choose from.

I use it in a (test) SMF bridged with Coppermine, after not being able to make cmpfetch work like it did about a year ago.

Once again, Andre and Niecher: Thank you!

Cmaniac

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2014, 10:08:49 am »

I was wondering whether a replacement for ORDER by RAND() in line 100 could be deployed.

ORDER BY RAND() is inefficient (but easy to use) and as my galleries grow, it causes a big hog. Right now the query in line 100

Code: [Select]
  $slider_query = "SELECT * FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} AS p WHERE filename like '%.jpg' AND filename not like 'youtube_%' $slider_FORBIDDEN_SET $META_ALBUM_SET ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT $sliderlimit";

takes more than 300ms to finish (4700+ pics), and, considering my gallery loading times (homepage loads in about 2.00s), this is a good waste of time for one DB query..

Not asking, just wondering..

wildenborch

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.wildenborch.com
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2019, 08:12:32 am »

Re: Slider 0.7
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 09:29:58 pm »
Hi,

I used to use the following code to have the slider shown on my website.

<iframe src="http://yoursite.com/gallery_directory/index.php?file=slider/fetch" width="100%" frameborder="0" /></iframe>

I updated to php to 7.2 and update Coppermine to 1.6.05 and installed Slider 0.8 and now this fetch code is giving me the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_fetch_array() in /home/accountname/public_html/fotoalbum/plugins/slider/fetch.php:62 Stack trace: #0 /home/accountname/public_html/fotoalbum/index.php(78): include_once() #1 {main} thrown in /home/accountnamet/public_html/fotoalbum/plugins/slider/fetch.php on line 62

Is there something I should change in fetch.php ???

Thanks in advance for the help!

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2019, 12:11:21 pm »

Is there something I should change in fetch.php ???

See the Slider plugin thread in CPG 1.6 Plugins.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.