Support > cpg1.5 plugin contributions

Slider animation on album list page for cpg1.5.x

<< < (10/10)

Cmaniac:
I was wondering whether a replacement for ORDER by RAND() in line 100 could be deployed.

ORDER BY RAND() is inefficient (but easy to use) and as my galleries grow, it causes a big hog. Right now the query in line 100

--- Code: ---  $slider_query = "SELECT * FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} AS p WHERE filename like '%.jpg' AND filename not like 'youtube_%' $slider_FORBIDDEN_SET $META_ALBUM_SET ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT $sliderlimit";

--- End code ---

takes more than 300ms to finish (4700+ pics), and, considering my gallery loading times (homepage loads in about 2.00s), this is a good waste of time for one DB query..

Not asking, just wondering..

wildenborch:

Re: Slider 0.7
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 09:29:58 pm »
Hi,

I used to use the following code to have the slider shown on my website.

<iframe src="http://yoursite.com/gallery_directory/index.php?file=slider/fetch" width="100%" frameborder="0" /></iframe>

I updated to php to 7.2 and update Coppermine to 1.6.05 and installed Slider 0.8 and now this fetch code is giving me the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_fetch_array() in /home/accountname/public_html/fotoalbum/plugins/slider/fetch.php:62 Stack trace: #0 /home/accountname/public_html/fotoalbum/index.php(78): include_once() #1 {main} thrown in /home/accountnamet/public_html/fotoalbum/plugins/slider/fetch.php on line 62

Is there something I should change in fetch.php ???

Thanks in advance for the help!

ron4mac:

--- Quote from: wildenborch on February 22, 2019, 08:12:32 am ---Is there something I should change in fetch.php ???

--- End quote ---

See the Slider plugin thread in CPG 1.6 Plugins.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version