Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need developers?  (Read 4458 times)

pkulak

• Coppermine newbie
    • PKulak.com
Need developers?
« on: April 25, 2004, 07:22:03 pm »

Shoot me an email if you do. This looks like it would be a great project to work on.
"To do any good at all, just believing you are right and you motives are good isn't enough." - Ursula K. Le Guin

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Need developers?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 11:23:45 pm »

We haven't agreed on any special policy for accepting new dev team members yet. Usually we ask people who got involved with the project in one way or the other to join the team.

The best way to impress the dev team members is by actually coming up with a hack (that's what Omni did for example: right away with his very first posting he committed the video hack which has now become a part of the core code. We realized his great skills as a coder and asked him to join the team, and he accepted).

There's plenty of stuff to do, you could take a look at the CPG 1.3 Testing/Bugs and take care of one of the open issues that a dev team member hasn't assogned himself to yet and post the code for the fix, our you could look into the feature requests board and assign a feature to yourself.
If you're not in to coding, there are other things that need to be done as well, like testing and bug reporting, translations, support etc., or you could submit a theme.

GauGau

Einstein

• Coppermine novice
  • E = mc^2
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 06:24:57 pm »

The best way to impress the dev team members is by actually coming up with a hack (that's what Omni did for example: right away with his very first posting he committed the video hack which has now become a part of the core code. We realized his great skills as a coder and asked him to join the team, and he accepted).
I see that's a good policy.

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 06:58:15 am »

I see that's a good policy.
Yep - even I got in the same way :)
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.