Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Batch-add permissions trouble  (Read 4433 times)

nordstjerne

• Coppermine newbie
    • Nordstjernealle
[Solved]: Batch-add permissions trouble
« on: December 29, 2008, 12:22:00 am »

Hi

I have installed coppermine 1.4.19 on surftown webhotel linux server using their one click install option.
It was installed after cleaning the webside completely including deleting existing mysql server.
Coppermine seems to run fine exept for batch-add. I have read documentation and search the forum for error messages.
But it is not easy to find head and tail on a complicate system as this appears to be. Especially without any previous knowledge of web design.
I use FTP for upload, works fine.
I have had some trouble changing permissions on files and folders, I do not quit understand surftowns grafic interface for this, and my FTP program can only change one file or folder at a time.
I have basic knowledge of linux chmod but my PC runs vista, I got another running XP but as everythink is through IE I guess it does not matter.
But I am pretty sure  permissions are either 755 or 777 on all files and folders in /coppermine/albums and coppermine/include.
One Question is, should they be all equal or is a mix okay?
I run everythink so far as user admin.
I made 3 katagories (not quite sure what they are for, but why not) I made one album in each katagory so far.
I tryed batch-add on many files and on only 2, same result.
The error messages are:

When browsing the photo upload subfolders:
    Notice line 577: Undefined variable: iframe_startfolder
When I click ok I get the warning ( I translate form danish) System can not write in this folder, change rights to 755 or 777
  Warning line 2944: cannot yet handle MBCS in html_entity_decode()!
  Notice line 169: Undefined variable: fullimagesize

So it looks like a simple change permission, but I did and checked several time, can anyone give advise on how I debug this further?

/Peter

« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 11:14:08 pm by Phill Luckhurst »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Batch-add permissions trouble
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 12:46:07 am »

I have installed coppermine 1.4.19 on surftown webhotel linux server using their one click install option.

Bad move that. Unfortunately, the one click installers fiddle with the core code and can cause all sorts of problems. As such supporters are reluctant to help.

It is really easy to install coppermine following the docs on here. Try that then come back if you still have problems making sure you read the upload troubleshooting section of the docs before doing so and doing all the things requested therein.

As you can already us an FTP program you are most of the way there. If your current ftp program can only change 1 file or folder at a time then use a better one such as filezilla (google it).

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

nordstjerne

• Coppermine newbie
    • Nordstjernealle
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 08:36:34 pm »

Hi Phill

Thanks for attending my question and move to the correct board.
I just did a complete compare of all coppermine files agains the original downloaded 1.4.19 install files.
I used FTP total commander 7 synchronise function. Is was a real contence compare and shows all new or missing files.
The result was that all file are equal except the following:
COPYING and script.js has got linefeed replaced by carry return and linefeed (linux to dos conversion)
The oneclick application has added one file:
  include/config.inc.php with the relevant mysql database setttings much like the sample file
/albums/photos/*    --uploaded photos

Too me it looks like a waste of time to uninstall and do a manuel reinstall, do you still want me to do this?

nordstjerne

• Coppermine newbie
    • Nordstjernealle
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 10:26:01 pm »

:) :D 8)

Hi again

Finally found the problem. I used surftowns buildin filemanager chmod to change permissions, I turned recursive on.
But when viewing permissions from FTP only the files where changed, the folders permission in the album tree was not changed from 755 to 777! My trusted file and FTP program for 30 years can only change permissions for one file or folder at a time.
So I installed FileZilla and changed permissions on albums and include folders one more time to 777.
Now the batch add works.
Conclusion Surftowns filemanager does not act as expected.
I still don't understand fully why 755 is not working for coppermine.
I still get about the same amount of warnings/notes from the debugger, but I guess that is normal and can be ignored when it works?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 11:13:23 pm »

Thanks for coming back and resolving your thread.

755 only works on certain server configurations. If you had direct access you could chown the directory and files to the owner and group that has access to make 755 work but as you don't then 777 is just fine. Good old Filezilla.

Comparing files is more work than upgrading but as long as you are happy.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.