Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: re-establishing members with original passwords  (Read 2835 times)

Orangeboys

• Coppermine newbie
  • The World is Not Enough
re-establishing members with original passwords
« on: December 22, 2008, 08:39:27 am »

i am Shane J. Filomena ,  the administrator of orangeboys.

http://orangeboys.plusboard.de

Our Expansion site plans were initially thwarted by a D.O.S. attack on the host server:
i observed the program suffering errors, and ,
with the quick response of the security team the servers were shut down and secured.

Nothing was lost....but to be safe I installed another  coppermine ( in the event  a worm got into the files )
 we had to re-create the members, mail them each their temporary passwords .

Now.....what I am looking for , is how to get at the code file(s) with the members' registrations/ original password.

i understand that this is a security issue, my email is registered and you will find it available on our site as well,
just click the Impressum to verify my registration information or send me a message

( i can not assure you that i would remember to check this forum for a response )

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: re-establishing members with original passwords
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 08:57:09 am »

If this only about retrieving their old passwords then i don't see why you would want to do that when handing them new passwords is quicker.
If this is about retrieving comments they made on pictures etc then it would make more sense. So please review your problem and post a question which makes more sense at 8:56 in the morning  ;)

p.s. I can not assure that i wil be reading this thread again anytime soon..  :P
p.p.s. While you are at it post a link to your cpg gallery, couldn't find on your site.

Orangeboys

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 07:28:41 pm »

If this only about retrieving their old passwords then i don't see why you would want to do that when handing them new passwords is quicker.
If this is about retrieving comments they made on pictures etc then it would make more sense. So please review your problem and post a question which makes more sense at 8:56 in the morning  ;)

p.s. I can not assure that i wil be reading this thread again anytime soon..  :P
p.p.s. While you are at it post a link to your cpg gallery, couldn't find on your site.

your board options to alert me of the replies was very helpful :

The question, again, is to locate the file(s) containing the members' original passwords .

It is not about lost passwords, it is about being able to save / copy the file to a new install or even to a different program.

In the future, should there be a cause to remove the program again or our supporters bring to the table a program to replace the coppermine.....it would save time and unsolicited emails to the membership if we could simply locate and copy the code file   (s) with the original passwords.

I did not provide a link or address to the site because it is functioning well,
 Our members / Guests  can view a link to the expansion site, Located within a News & Announcement Post .
 However, it is only a Pilot resource and not as important as our main .de

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 07:38:32 pm »

Original passwords are not stored for security reasons. Accounts are stored in the database you installed Coppermine into; not a file.

Orangeboys

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 02:31:54 am »

THATS what i needed to know. ( I figured as much, but i rather ask people that would know best )

THANKYOU.

I see nothing that allows me to delete the account: Orangeboys will not be returning.

thankyou for your time
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.