Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re-upload pictures to a new gallery  (Read 3294 times)

AdamTTP

• Coppermine newbie
    • Metamora Martial Arts
Re-upload pictures to a new gallery
« on: December 20, 2008, 09:34:25 pm »

I was looking to re-start my photo gallery with integration into the new IPB3 that's coming out.  But this is not an integration issue.

I'd like to register a new Gallery and integrate my forum members to it, but keep all the photos that I have existing on it now in the same albums.  Short of saving all the 1600+ pictures to my computer and reuploading them into the same (but new) albums on the new gallery, is there an easier way to keep my new gallery looking like the old one?

I tried a few searches but wasn't entirely sure what magic words would bring about results.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Re-upload pictures to a new gallery
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 09:54:29 pm »

What do you mean by register a new gallery?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

AdamTTP

• Coppermine newbie
    • Metamora Martial Arts
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 10:04:56 pm »

I want to integrate my forums and my gallery, and the last time I checked, integrating an already-functioning gallery with Invision was not a feasible option.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 10:36:36 pm »

So you are using the invision gallery?

If that is the case you will need to copy your pictures to a folder in your albums folder on your coppermine install with an ftp app then batch add them to your new coppermine gallery. Or copy them to your computer then re-upload them using something like jupload. As far as I know there is no invision to coppermine convertor available.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

AdamTTP

• Coppermine newbie
    • Metamora Martial Arts
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 06:19:26 pm »

So you are using the invision gallery?

If that is the case you will need to copy your pictures to a folder in your albums folder on your coppermine install with an ftp app then batch add them to your new coppermine gallery. Or copy them to your computer then re-upload them using something like jupload. As far as I know there is no invision to coppermine convertor available.

Phill - I'm using a Coppermine gallery already.  Since everything I had read at one point seemed to resolve no easy solution to integrate a CPG with an IPB after the CPG had been started with members, I was just going to create a new CPG and integrate it right away with my existing IPB. 

Make sense?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 01:44:19 pm »

You won't lose pics when bridging an existing gallery with your third party app. So what's the actual question? Bridging can savely be turned on and off. Why copy stuff to a new gallery first and then bridge that? Sounds like you're trying to make things more complicated than you'd actually have to.

AdamTTP

• Coppermine newbie
    • Metamora Martial Arts
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 01:12:34 am »

The last time I looked this up (after a search I couldn't find where I'd originally saw this), there was something about the members not corresponding correctly between the two.  For example, user A on IPB would have user B's name on the CPG.

Posting a link to this info would be great - I already tried to search.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 11:32:57 am »

That's right - see http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#integrating_users_start
You lose the correlation between the user IDs when bridging. But you won't lose any pics. For a more detailed explanation, read up http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/bridging.htm#integrating_users_start

AdamTTP

• Coppermine newbie
    • Metamora Martial Arts
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 06:46:14 pm »

Wonderful, thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.