Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Did I install the Mod Pack incorrectly? Cannot see watermark function!  (Read 6325 times)

ComicDom1

• Coppermine newbie

Hello,

I installed latest version of both e107 and coppermine.  I ran the version 1.2 bridge first so if there were any issues with bridging I would isolate it to the bridge program.  I got that to work and then enabled bridging and tested.  All was well. 

I followed Stramm's instructions I found on a site and disabled bridging and ran update.php before installing bridging with Modpack.  I am using the 4.19 version of coppermine.  The installation appeared to go fine and I enabled bridging again and changed to the e107 theme in coppermine.

My problem is, I have not been able to see where to enable the watermark function or other mods.  I did check my config function in the Admin panel of coppermine and expanded everything but cannot seem to locate watermarking or the other mods.

Can someone please tell me if screwed up somewhere or have done something incorrectly.

Please keep in mind I am a novice and this e107 forum and bridge with modpack install is my first attempt at a forum and integrated photo gallery.

My website is www.ammapics.com if you want to have a look and test the fuctions.  I did successfully create a button link from e107 to coppermine.

The watermarking is very important to me and I would appreciate any help I can get.

I can attempt to attach a screen shot of my Admin config if necessary.

Thanks

Jason
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 11:56:02 pm by Nibbler »

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Did I install the Mod Pack incorrectly? Cannot see watermark function!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 07:05:06 pm »

if we're talking about http://www.ammapics.com/coppermine/ then I do not see an installed modpack

ComicDom1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 07:32:45 pm »

Yes Stramm, we are talking about www.ammapics.com    I do have the E107 and coppermine program bridged.  I followed or so I thought, your instructions off another thread in this site to a T.  I first installed the Bridge Version 1.2 and bridged the programs.  I then unbridged them and loaded your bridge and mod pack and expanded it in the root directory of coppermine.  I ran update.php and went back and re enabled bridging. 

The path I have been using to upload is ammapics(where ammapics is the root folder of e107)  / coppermine (root folder of coppermine where your bridge program with modpack was expanded)

Please let me know what you think or how you think I need to correct this.

Thanks
Jason

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 07:46:50 pm »

You are supposed to overwrite the Coppermine files with those from the modpack, not upload the modpack into a subdirectory.

http://www.ammapics.com/coppermine/stramm_mod1.4.19.bridge/

ComicDom1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 10:13:53 pm »

Thanks Nibbler,

So even though I loaded the zipped bridge and modpack in the root directory of coppermine folder itself, then there is an install I am suppose to run so it overwrites the files?  Excuse me for being a little dense, but I thought I had put the modpack in the main directory of coppermine.

Please direct me to the proper thread in regard to the install.  Apparently I am installing incorrectly. 

My e107 is the main directory of ammapics and is expanded in the ammapics main folder or is the root directory.  My coppermine sits in a folder inside this root directory of ammapics.  The Modpack was loaded by Filezilla into the coppermine directory and then extracted from the compressed file.

If I am all screwed up here please list how to do the install step by step and I will report back my progress.

Thanks,
Jason

ComicDom1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 10:26:17 pm »

One more thing please.  If I did something wrong here, do I need to once again disable bridging and then run update.php again and attempt to re install the modpack?

Do I extract the modpack within the root directory of coppermine again or is there something I should do differently?

Thanks,

Jason

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 10:43:24 pm »

Extract the modpack on your own PC then upload the contents of the modpack folder to your Coppermine folder via FTP. FileZilla will ask you if you want to overwrite the files and you say yes. Then you run update.php.

ComicDom1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 10:47:17 pm »

Will do and report back in a few mins

Jason

ComicDom1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 11:30:07 pm »

Thanks Nibbler and Stramm!  You guys are super!

Here are 9 steps I followed in order to correct my install

1.    I first went back to my coppermine/bridgemgr.php and made sure it was disabled.

2.    Then I ran coppermine/update.php

3.    I returned to my desktop and extracted the Bridge with Modpack to folder

4.    I used Filezilla and connected to my webhost and made sure I was in the root directory of coppermine

5.   Then I opened up the stramm modpack folder I extracted and selected everything inside it and dragged it into                the coppermine root directory.

6.    I told Filezilla to overwrite all file that were in the current que

7.    After they all successfully I shut down Filezilla and ran coppermine/update.php again.

8.    Then I went back to the coppermine/bridgemgr.php and enable bridging and clicked finish.

9.    I closed that browser and logged into my ammapics.com website and clicked on the link I created between e107 and coppermine and clicked the config button to check for the modpack.

The Modpack is now installed thanks to the help and advice from Nibbler and Stramm!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.