Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More bbcodes and buttons for cpg  (Read 13313 times)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
More bbcodes and buttons for cpg
« on: December 14, 2008, 09:29:55 pm »

I currently build a plugin for 1.5.x that adds more bbcode tags to coppermine and create buttons, to add tags easily to comments.

I've implemented the following tags:
Code: [Select]
'b' => 'Bold',
'u' => 'Underline',
'i' => 'Italic',
's' => 'Strikethrough',
'img' => 'Image',
'url' => 'Link',
'color' => 'Font color',
'size' => 'Font size',
'quote' => 'Quote',
'youtube' => 'Youtube video',

Are there some tags that you want/need and should be into the plugin?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: More bbcodes and buttons for cpg
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 06:49:29 am »

Personally, I'm not very fond of the underline tag: per default, links are underlined. Subsequently, users will click on everything that is underlined because they are used to it. Displaying underlined text that is not a link doesn't make sense to me. I'm aware that the default bbcode tags in coppermine support underline as well, so this isn't actually a matter of your future plugin. What I'm actually suggesting is an admin-interface for the plugin that allows you to turn particular tags on/off. Keep in mind that the admin might change his mind later, so you have to take care of bbcode that was allowed once and then is disabled later: the disabled bbcode tags mustn't show through as text, but they simply must be ignored.
In an ideal world, the plugin's admin interface would even allow you to specify tags as admin-only, as I wouldn't want my users to abuse bbcode (think of the horrible color combinations that come to mind).
Some might find a button helpfull that will result in monospaced font - can be used to display code. Similar to SMF's tags [ t t ], [ c o d e ] or [ p h p ].
You might want to take a look at SMF's bbcodes: some of them are easy to implement, like [ h r ].

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 12:00:04 pm »

@eenemeenemuu:
I wouldn't want my users to abuse bbcode (think of the horrible color combinations that come to mind).
I agree with Joachim. I don't want to be buggy, buth "if a bad thing could happen, will happen" :(

As I said here it must be and 'easy to set' (reads: from admin panel with just a click) option to activate and de-activate some tags.

Are there some tags that you want/need and should be into the plugin?
A 'url inside domain' would be perfect. I mean, an option to leave an url making reference to another picture that reside in the same galerrie. I'm I clear?

Regards,
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 12:12:30 pm »

A 'url inside domain' would be perfect. I mean, an option to leave an url making reference to another picture that reside in the same galerrie. I'm I clear?
Erm. It's possbile to link to another picture with the 'url' tag, but I suppose that's not what you mean ??? Can you give an example? What should be displayed as result?

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 02:16:58 pm »

I though it would be a nice feature to be able inside a comment refer to an existing image from the same gallery. For example in youtube you could "reply" to some videos. So it would be nice to have a regular link but some way limit that link to one file that resides in the same gallery.

Eg: "I have a picture similar to that, check [ima=http://your-domain.tld/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=14&pos=1 ] this [ima] out."

So, when you press "this" you will go to another file: http://your-domain.tld/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=14&pos=1  with the condition that the linked files must be inside the same gallery.

Am I clear? Is it posible?
--*--

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 02:28:14 pm »

This is just a restricted 'url' tag. It should be possible, but I don't think it would be useful.
The only advantage I see is: when you move your website to another domain (or folder inside your domain), the bbcode tag could be only search for the given picture id and rebuild the link matching your current domain name and sub folder. Is this what you are looking for? If not, the use of 'url' results in the same and is more common.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 02:56:46 pm »

Ok, maybe I'm just doing talking shop. I thought it would be nice to let users 'reply' themselves with another files. All features that let users interact between them I'm pro of it.
--*--

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 02:21:49 pm »

I've released my plugin. Please use this thread for support or new ideas/features.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 09:19:11 am »

Side-note: the plugin thread you refered to currently isn't visible for the public yet - the thread you mentioned can currently only be accessed by privileged forum users (contributors, VIPs, translators, devs, supporters), as cpg1.5.x hasn't been released yet. By limiting the access to the cpg1.5.x-boards to privileged users we want to make sure that the board doesn't get cluttered with requests for cpg1.5.x-support: currently, there is no support yet for cpg1.5.x. Interessted parties are welcome to get cpg1.5.x using SVN checkout.
The plugin thread will get publicly accessible as soon as cpg1.5.x get's released. In the meantime, please announce stuff related to cpg1.5.x carefully to the public to make sure that users don't get the impression that cpg1.5.x is already production-ready -> it is not.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.