Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My database is over quota...?  (Read 5528 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: My database is over quota...?
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 11:16:59 am »

The show stopper probably is the stats table. You shouldn't have enabled stats recording in the first place if you have no idea on the impact. You should have emptied the stats on a scheduled basis. Ranting about the size of the exif table is invalid as well.

Now stop whining and do as suggested:
  • Turn of the recording of detailed stats in coppermine's config
  • Turn off the population of exif information in coppermine's config
  • Backup your entire database using phpMyAdmin or mySqlDunmper. If you have no idea how to accomplish that: hire a freelancer or ask your webhost for support -> no support from us
  • Empty (not delete!) the table that contains your stat details using phpMyAdmin. Do not delete the entire database - just empty the table! If you have no idea how to accomplish that: hire a freelancer or ask your webhost for support -> no support from us
  • Empty (not delete!) the table that contains your exif data using phpMyAdmin. Do not delete the entire database - just empty the table! If you have no idea how to accomplish that: hire a freelancer or ask your webhost for support -> no support from us

This thread looks like a parody of the bad joke of the type "Help, doctor: whenever I hit myself on the head with a baseball bat it hurts so badly". You know what the doctor will reply: "well, then don't hit yourself in the first place". :D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.