Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Trouble logging into gallery  (Read 5174 times)

insecure x blue

• Coppermine novice
[Solved]: Trouble logging into gallery
« on: December 16, 2008, 05:57:26 am »

I try to do a bunch of searches on this topic and all found none have helped me so I decided to make a post asking for help. Up until a couple of days ago I could log into my gallery just fine, but now on my computer anytime I attempt to log into my admin account I get error You are already logged in !  so I try and log out but instead it gives me You are not logged in ! . And when I do try to login in if I click on any admin tool up to it says I don't have permission to access the page.

- Now I've deleted my cookies, tried on different browser and still does the same.
- I saw something about downloading adminpass.php file from another thread and that did not work either.
- I even just now upgraded the gallery thinking maybe that would resolve this issue. Nope

The weird thing is I try logging in through my phone and it let me log in fine. It's just on the computer it will not let me. Is this something wrong with my computer or anyone know any other solutions that may fix this? I'll hate to have to upload my photos through ftp, then have to log in through my phone just to batch add them. :\

Oh and link to my gallery
http://chasez-online.com/gallery/

Thank you if anyone can help. :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 08:41:58 am by Phill Luckhurst »

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: Trouble logging into gallery
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 08:03:58 am »

Crikey! You are running <!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.10 (stable)-->. Upgrade to 1.4.19 A.S.A.P.

After that do a search on the board for "reset admin password" , has been asked and answered before several times.

Cheers
Hein

insecure x blue

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 08:09:30 am »

But I did upgrade as I mentioned in my original post. I uploaded the files and ran upgrade.php and it said it was sucessful. And I stated I tried some of the tips and none seem to be working. I guess I'm not going to find any answers but I thought I try and ask :\

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 08:13:54 am »

Since you are running 1.4.10 there is a good chance that you have been hacked and therefore can not login properly.
Read this to sanitize your cpg install. http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,51927.0.html

Reset your admin password so you will be sure that you have a functioning password again. Use the following procedure. Do not forget to change your admin password once you are logged in again.

Using PhpMyAdmin open the xxx_users table find the user that have 1 on user_group, this user is admin change the user_password to "179ad45c6ce2cb97cf1029e212046e81" (without "") and now you have admin with "testpass" (without "") as a password .

insecure x blue

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 05:33:14 pm »

Well last night after I made this post and logged off my computer, I tried logging into one of my admin names on my phone I used and it wouldn't let me anymore so I logged undr the 'admin' screen name and looks like my other screen name was somehow deleted so I just re created the name. Now this morning on my computer I seem to log in fine again.

Someone probably did hack my gallery but oh well situation fixed itself, weird. And I don't know why you keep saying my gallery isn't updated. If when I click the doc link on my gallery it shows the most current version here
http://chasez-online.com/gallery/docs/index.htm

but anywho thanks for trying to help fix the situation.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 06:15:59 pm »

Well last night after I made this post and logged off my computer, I tried logging into one of my admin names on my phone I used and it wouldn't let me anymore so I logged undr the 'admin' screen name and looks like my other screen name was somehow deleted so I just re created the name. Now this morning on my computer I seem to log in fine again.
Cookies problem.

I don't know why you keep saying my gallery isn't updated. If when I click the doc link on my gallery it shows the most current version here
http://chasez-online.com/gallery/docs/index.htm
  ;D Those are the docs. They are always updated.  :D

Right click on on your gallery--> "Source code" and go to the botton of the file:

<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.10 (stable)-->
Update! It's mandatory! The problems will show up again if you decide no to update. ;)
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en espaņol
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 06:24:15 pm »

Ah, but his upgate.sql file clearly shows 1.4.19 so why does his source show 1.4.10?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 06:34:18 pm »

Failure to update include/init.inc.php. Use versioncheck.php to make sure all files are updated.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 07:13:54 pm »

Ah, lightbulb goes on.

insecure x blue

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 08:55:05 pm »

I dont know how it was a cookie problem. I deleted my cookies bunches of times and restarted my computer and still couldnt log in. The problem seem to fix itself after I re created the account since somehow it was deleted. And that file I need I dont even see it in my gallery folder or the folder I downloaded with the updated  version.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 09:02:03 pm »

That file is there or your install would not work. Download a fresh copy and re-upload. It might have gone missing in your download somehow.

As nibbler says, run versioncheck.php (from the admin tools) to make sure all your files are correct.

insecure x blue

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 04:14:27 am »

I found it. I was in a hurry earlier and glanced over that area. Anyways I ran the version check and it seems to be the latest version. This is like only my second time upgrading and got confused about some of the file names but everything has been resolved at least I think for now. Anyways thanks for the help. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.