Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: How to change coppermine database port  (Read 6652 times)

kazekun

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: How to change coppermine database port
« on: December 10, 2008, 10:52:31 am »

I've installed coppermine with database connection on port 3306 some time ago and it's working fine.  Recently, I need to change the mysql database from the default port to another port .  Now when I try to access the photo gallery, it says

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111

I've googled around and found a similar post (http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=53674.0) with the solution of "Edit include/config.inc.php and specify the port. For example localhost:3305".  I would like to ask how to make the aforementioned change in the config.php.  In the config.php, it has

// MySQL configuration
$CONFIG['dbserver'] =                         '127.0.0.1';        // Your database server
$CONFIG['dbuser'] =                         'xxxx';        // Your mysql username
$CONFIG['dbpass'] =                         'xxxx';                // Your mysql password
$CONFIG['dbname'] =                         'xxxxi';        // Your mysql database name

So where do I add in the new port number? I tried $CONFIG['dbserver'] = '127.0.0.1:23800' and it didn't work.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 02:38:47 pm by Nibbler »

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: How to change coppermine database port
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 11:05:01 am »

Have you tried localhost:23800 ?

kazekun

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 02:03:31 pm »

Cannot use localhost:xxxxx, because my apache is in chroot, so the mysql.sock is not in the default /tmp/mysql.sock.  That's why in the user account I need to set host part as 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost in the first place.  I tried the suggestion of localhost:xxxxx (also created user account 'username'@'localhost' in mysql for this purpose), which resulted in the following error message:

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/chroot/apache/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

kazekun

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 02:11:39 pm »

Actually, got it working now by using 'server_ipaddr:23800'.  (tried it before but I seemed to have put the wrong port number in at that time).  Anyway, many thanks for your help! ^_^

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 02:20:33 pm »

Your welcome and thanks for the info on the port number setting. Bound to be usefull to others.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.