Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Users missing from user list! Urgent!  (Read 4411 times)

harmanhoog

• Coppermine newbie
Users missing from user list! Urgent!
« on: April 09, 2008, 05:35:40 am »

My classes are about to start so I must get this fixed. Some time today, my user list shrunk from showing a hundred or more users to showing only a half dozen. It shows that there are about 10 pages but no other names pull up or are returned on a search and yet if I try entering a username that used to be listed, I get an error message that the username already exists. I have the latest version. Most of the albums that were there are also missing. It is the usernames I was most concerned about as I am setting up new albums anyway,

Thanks Diane

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Users missing from user list! Urgent!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 07:58:34 am »

Post a link to your gallery for a start. Attach a screenshot of the memberlist to your posting. Use a third-party tool like phpMyAdmin, browser the users table and make sure that the table is populated as expected.

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 10:36:29 am »

Make sure any custom groups you have created are still there.

harmanhoog

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 07:02:21 pm »

All the custom groups are also missing as suggested.

link http://www.quilterskeeplearning.com/public_html/index.php
login mycolors password rpassing

I am just FTPing PhpAdmin to my server now. I do not know how to use it or what to look for.

I have attached a screen cap of all I see when I call up user

Thanks,

Diane

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 07:07:45 pm »

You need to recreate the groups. If you have a backup of the groups table then great. If not, re-create them in the same order as before, otherwise you'll need to play about in phpmyadmin. You haven't lost anything important though.

harmanhoog

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 07:57:24 pm »

I have a back up of the whole directory, but I cannot find instructions on how to restore the application from a backup. Or even a table. Thanks so much for reminding me.

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 07:59:39 pm »

It's not in the Coppermine directory; it's in the database. You need to have a database backup to be able to restore the groups table.

harmanhoog

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 08:34:48 pm »

I do not have that backup. i do have a list of the groups, but  I choose Add a New Group and type in the name and then the modification disappears after I try to add it. Can I just nuke the data and start over. That seems like the fastest repair at this point

harmanhoog

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 08:45:18 pm »

I was just able to get into PHPadmin. All my users (172) are there. All my albums are there. Groups are missing, although I know what they were as they were the same as the album names.

maxymalny

• Coppermine newbie
    • Family Album
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 09:36:25 pm »

Check this out: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,31456.msg246710.html#msg246710 - I had a similar problem, but if you have 172 users, my solution can be to havy for you...

harmanhoog

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 12:07:40 am »

Thanks very much. I discovered that the user table has the number of the group in it and I am able to identify the group name by that so I am going to insert records for the groups and see how it goes. I have only lost a little data entry time if it does not work.

I appreciate all the help

topmmc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 07:21:33 pm »

You need to recreate the groups. If you have a backup of the groups table then great. If not, re-create them in the same order as before, otherwise you'll need to play about in phpmyadmin. You haven't lost anything important though.

Nibbler, thanks....I had this same issue and this post corrected it.  Thanks again

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 10:21:28 am »

Locking
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.