Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: What version of PHP is coppermine written in?  (Read 4301 times)

ss3vegeta

• Coppermine novice
[Closed]: What version of PHP is coppermine written in?
« on: December 08, 2008, 03:34:16 pm »

Over the last month or so my galleries have been running ridiculously slow.  I contacted my webhosting company today (1and1.com) and was told that the sites are running slowly because the code is outdated and it needs to be ported to PHP5.  This doesn't make a bit of sense to me because the sites worked perfectly a month ago, and I haven't changed anything. 

So my question is; does what the webhost told me make any sense? 

« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 10:01:11 am by Joachim Müller »

ss3vegeta

• Coppermine novice
Re: What version of PHP is coppermine written in?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 04:21:51 pm »

I'm sorry for the second post but I did not see a way to edit my previous one.  I am running 1.4.18, but will be upgrading to 1.4.19 today to see if it helps resolve this issue.

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 04:47:44 pm »

Good idea, and post a link to your gallery
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

ss3vegeta

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 06:49:11 pm »

I've updated to 1.4.19 and am still having pages that take forever to load.  For example the login page takes 30-60 seconds to load.  I don't see how using an older version of PHP would make that big of difference on load time.  These pages use to load in less than a second. 

As for publishing my site information, I'm sorry but I don't do that for several reasons.

1.  The site requires registration.
2.  The directory is htaccess protected.
3.  It's a very small and private family website.
4.  The last time I posted the information for a cpg site on this forum I had to change domains because someone kept trying to hack my site.  Not to mention a crap load of automated registration requests.

Besides the question really doesn't require that information.  All I want to know is if cpg is coded in php 5.0.0 or higher.   Although I don't think its realistic that within a month my site could go from running pages in less than a second to taking forever to load.  Especially since the server has had php5 for the past couple years.

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 07:58:08 pm »

PHP apps are not coded 'in' any specific version. The question is meaningless. Enable debug mode in config and you can see if the slowness is caused by PHP or (more likely) by an overloaded MySQL.

Colliope

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 08:20:23 pm »

Have you checked with your webhost to see if there are problems on the server end?

I was having problems with slowness on my site a few weeks ago. I happened to be speaking to my webhost about another issue at that time and he mentioned he was busy trying to figure out what was causing the server load to go through the roof. It turned out, he said, to be someone's database needing to be "optimized". After they got that done, he said server load returned to normal - and so did my site loading time.

ss3vegeta

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 12:50:51 am »

PHP apps are not coded 'in' any specific version. The question is meaningless. Enable debug mode in config and you can see if the slowness is caused by PHP or (more likely) by an overloaded MySQL.

MySQL was my guess as well because every site I have that has MySQL interaction is running slow.  I tested some rather lengthy php4 syntax scripts and they were very quick.  I'm not quite sure what to check in the debug mode, I mean I'm not quite sure what will tell me about the MySQL interaction.  I'm basically absolutely sure that its and overloaded MySQL server because since my first post I've been getting error messages that say something about to many connections (MySQL). 

Thanks for the reply.  As I said in my first post I didn't think what I was being told made any sense, but I thought I'd better ask some professionals before I took the issue further with my webhost.

Have you checked with your webhost to see if there are problems on the server end?

I was having problems with slowness on my site a few weeks ago. I happened to be speaking to my webhost about another issue at that time and he mentioned he was busy trying to figure out what was causing the server load to go through the roof. It turned out, he said, to be someone's database needing to be "optimized". After they got that done, he said server load returned to normal - and so did my site loading time.

Thanks for the response.  Yes I have now contacted a tech supervisor and notified him of the issues.  I'm hoping he resolves the issue soon.  If not I think I'm gonna switch over to http://www.inmotionhosting.com/ and hope they provide better service. 

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 01:22:24 am »

where is the link to your gallery?  ::)
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

ss3vegeta

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 07:20:29 pm »

where is the link to your gallery?  ::)

Ok fine, here.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 07:29:19 pm »

Ok fine, here.

It's that your website? It looks like to Coppermine Support Forum  ;D
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 10:01:00 am »

No reply, closing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.