Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for Freelancer to upgade1-4 Galleries  (Read 8801 times)

Colliope

• Coppermine frequent poster
Looking for Freelancer to upgade1-4 Galleries
« on: December 07, 2008, 10:36:45 pm »

I have four galleries, all currently at 1.4.3.

One of them needs to be updated ASAP. If all goes well with that, I would like to have the other three upgraded as well (but there's no hurry on those).

The gallery that I need upgraded ASAP started out, I believe, as the Classic theme, but has been heavily tweaked both in look & layout and also in some functions (for example, an added option in Config to toggle on/off display of thumbs for User Galleries on the main page, and also, users have no "User Mode" view, they are permanently in their Admin Mode view.)

Upgrading without losing any/all of my "tweaks" is beyond my capabilities as I don't even know all of the files that have been changed, let alone how to re-do them.

Responses here, PMs, or emails (coliope at rcn . com) ok.

C

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
Re: Looking for Freelancer to upgade1-4 Galleries
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 10:44:39 pm »

Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Colliope

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 12:49:59 am »

Budget? Links?  sub-board rules, read first!

I read the rules.

I didn't post a link because the gallery is totally private which means for anyone to see anything but the log-in page or FAQs they'd have to be registered. Creating a test user for "helpers" on this board would open the door to everybody & anybody on the internet which would, IMO, sacrifice the privacy of my members, whom I have assured of having privacy. I did however put my qualms aside and create a temp. test user at Nibbler's request re my last question, but since I didn't get help anyway, I deleted that temp user.

I am quite willing to provide access (via email or PM) to anyone who is interested in taking this assignment, but I figured that that went without saying.

As for budget, well, it's like this: my car is having problems so I put a sign up that says "I need someone to fix this for $X or less".  If X is too low, noone is going to take the job, and if X is too high, everyone (experienced or not) is going to "apply" for the job in hopes of laughing all the way to the bank.

Budget is negotiable with anyone interested.

For the record, I have received a reply via email from someone who says they are willing to do it.
As soon as I know for sure, I will post back to note whether this job is still on the table or not.

Colliope

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 04:02:35 am »

This job is still open. I need someone who can upgrade the gallery AND keep my mods & customized theme in tact.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 08:23:42 am »

This job is still open. I need someone who can upgrade the gallery AND keep my mods & customized theme in tact.
I think the basic thing that every freelancers needs, is a fresh version of cpg 1.4.3 - without that it's very hard to find out, which mods are implemented in your gallery. Because I don't have this old version of cpg and don't know where I get it from, I can't decide if I could do this job for you or not. If you (or anybody else) can give me a clean version of cpg 1.4.3, I can look at your files and maybe do the job for you.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 09:42:45 am »

@Colliope: now I need an ftp account to your cpg root dir.

Colliope

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 04:03:37 pm »

I think the basic thing that every freelancers needs, is a fresh version of cpg 1.4.3 - without that it's very hard to find out, which mods are implemented in your gallery.

Ah, ok, that makes sense.
I created this Gallery back in early 2006 and spent many hours learning the ropes and customizing the theme to match my phpBB forum which I had created first. But I ran into a few snags and also wanted a few functional changes that I had no clue how to achieve. So I ended up paying someone from this same Freelance forum to finish customizing the theme and do the functional changes.  I was happy with the results, but then the gallery sat unused until this last month or two.
After all that time, I have forgotten a good bit of what I learned and did as far as customizing the theme,  and I never had any knowledge to begin with of what all files were modified to achieve the functional changes that were made.

So that is how I ended up in this position of being so far behind version-wise and being terrified of upgrading.
And even if someone here is capable of upgrading me without losing my customizations, I'll be in this same position again each time a new upgrade is released. Sigh. Hindsight is everything I guess.

As far as I remember, there were only two functional changes. One added an option in my Config panel to toggle on/off thumbnails of User Galleries on the main page, and the other eliminated the "User Mode" view option for regular non-admin Users - Users are automatically taken to their Admin view mode on logging in and are stuck there permanently. (I requested that because I knew the two modes would confuse the heck out of my family.)
Theme wise, the colors/graphics have been changed, and the menu was changed. It's now a vertical menu on the right of the screen, and is in three sections, and includes two custom links. Also, I changed the FAQs text as well as the registration terms/conditions. That's pretty much everything I can remember changing, but I'm sure there are little things I've forgotten about. And as I said, I believe it started out as the Classic theme.

At any rate, I have made a zip file of the complete contents of my cpg143 directory (minus the actual picture files of course, to keep the file size down) and can provide a link to download that file as well as test-user account access to the gallery to anyone who wants to have a look to see if they can do it.

C

Colliope

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 04:04:29 pm »

@Colliope: now I need an ftp account to your cpg root dir.

I've PM'ed you.

Thanks,
C

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 04:09:38 pm »

I have made a zip file of the complete contents of my cpg143 directory (minus the actual picture files of course, to keep the file size down) and can provide a link to download that file as well as test-user account access to the gallery
This is all I need for now. I'll have a look at it.

Colliope

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 04:20:36 pm »

That's pretty much everything I can remember changing, but I'm sure there are little things I've forgotten about.

Just remembered another functional change I made per directions found here. I changed a file(s) somewhere so that when viewing an album, you see the actual file name above the picture instead of "1 of 43" etc. 

C

Colliope

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 04:31:20 pm »

Correction to some of my above comments:

From viewing my old posts, it turns out it was early 2005 when I first created the gallery, then early 2006 when I had a brief period of user interest and I paid the person to finish the tweaking. Also, from those old posts, it apparently started out as theme Reynolds, not the Classic theme as I had thought.

C

Colliope

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 06:04:24 pm »

Job complete.

"eenemeenemuu" who responded above took on the task and got 'er done basically overnight! 
My Gallery looks and functions just as it did before and there was no interruption to its use.
He also fixed one existing bug I had.

If "eenemeenemuu" responds to your freelance requests, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him; he did a great job for me and did it quickly, too.

Thanks E,

C
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.