Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine plug-in for JFusion  (Read 19134 times)

Sadr

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine plug-in for JFusion
« on: December 06, 2008, 05:41:17 pm »

Hi. My name is Erlend and I am part of the JFusion team as a project manager. After some quick searches it seems a lot of the people here are already affiliated with JFusion and the concept on which it is built, however for those who do not already know about us and can not be bothered to follow the link above to our website, here's the basics:
JFusion is a free GPL Extension for Joomla. JFusion provides universal user integration, by extending the Joomla 1.5 user authentication framework without any core hacks.

With JFusion your users can login to both Joomla and the software(s) integrated by JFusion using the same username/password. No core hacks are made to either Joomla or the integrated software(s) which has the advantage that you can upgrade your software normally without tedious reconfiguration.

I know there are already at least two relatively up-to-date bridges for Joomla+CPG, the first being the "official" Joomla 1.5 bridge, the other one being Mehdi's. However, what sets JFusion apart is it's unique optional slave/master settings, incredible ease-of-use and it's cross-compatibility between different softwares, all handled neatly as one by JFusion.

If there's any adept Coppermine/Joomla! developer out there insterested in developing this plug-in (preferrably under the GPL license) to be bundled with the default JFusion component, please get in touch asap. I will check in for PMs from time to time,  but an e-mail is preferred (send through profile).

Cheers,

~ Erlend
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 05:43:34 pm by Nibbler »

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
Re: Coppermine plug-in for JFusion
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 06:05:49 pm »

it would be great to have this Joomla plugin with coppermine support ( i use joomla for some websites  :D)
Unfortunately, my programming skills do not allow me to participate in this development, but I hope that another dev team member  wants to participate  ;D
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

SaWey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • SaWey.be
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 08:21:02 pm »

I would like to help with this, I have quite some experience with Joomla. But right now we are working very hard on 1.5 so I'll have to add it at the bottom of my todo list.

Sadr

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 03:40:32 am »

Thanks for your support François!

I would like to help with this, I have quite some experience with Joomla. But right now we are working very hard on 1.5 so I'll have to add it at the bottom of my todo list.
I'm thrilled to hear that :) You can take your sweet time until December 25th anyways, as that's the planned release-date for the 1.1 beta release. Developing any plug-in before that time would be somewhat foolish, as a lot will have changed from 1.0.8 to 1.1. Anyways, I hope the CPG 1.5 isn't too far off then, but I'm sure it's worth waiting for :)

I would greatly appreciate it if you could put some time aside to start getting affiliated with the JFusion community (i.e. mainly the forum). I've started a thread about this upcoming collaboration which you can read here.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 10:49:50 pm »

I too would like to see this integration but my skills are not up to it yet.

I've just taken a look at the joomla-jfusion-gallery2 integration and it works really well. C'mon someone, take up the challenge so as not to let coppermine get left behind.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Sadr

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 07:43:41 pm »

Just as a quick notification: After having been inactive for about 4 months I am now resuming my PR duties for JFusion. I am actively getting in touch with prospective developers for the CPG plug-in for JFusion and will eagerly listen to any helpful information anyone might have to provide. Please reply to this thread or PM me with any inquiries.

fanno

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 05:30:42 pm »

Just surfing the web on what are said about jfusion, and fall on this thread.

I am a dev from jfusion, and just want to show that next version of jfusion 1.2.0 will be supporting coppermine integration.

my dev site http://joomla.fanno.dk/coppermine.html frameless integration with user sync.

-Thanks

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 08:32:39 pm »

good news, ill' have a look at this
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 08:47:24 pm »

Excellent news and should support CPG1.5 too.

The only drawbacks I see are with frameless integration. Firstly, not all users have cURL enabled. Secondly, I see a lot of css conflicts with some of the current templates so I am sure users will want to know how to fix these.

fanno

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 09:51:06 pm »

Excellent news and should support CPG1.5 too.

The only drawbacks I see are with frameless integration. Firstly, not all users have cURL enabled. Secondly, I see a lot of css conflicts with some of the current templates so I am sure users will want to know how to fix these.

true not all have curl enabled. but this is used in many core functions of jfusion you can live without it but many plugins use curl for the dual login, so it wont work without it. (so its kind of required)

I also like to comment on the css conflicts, the 1.2.0 version will also have a css parser that removes most of the css conflicts, it do this parsing the css files and applying #jfusionframeless as a "prefix" to all css rules, (this means that only copper mine rules should apply to the copper mine code, and not joomla).

now the "bigger/renaming problem" is when you have joomla css that apply to the copper mine, this i try to prevent using a "default" css file that in affect reset every rule set to the by other css. this file is not yet perfect as i only have so much time and not all browsers read css the same sadly ..

here is a link to the default css:
http://joomla.fanno.dk/components/com_jfusion/views/css/default.css

and here is an eksamble of how one of the css files from copper-mine has been parsed.

http://joomla.fanno.dk/cache/jfusion/css/universal_1548d2120ad75b8ffe648119a9b1589a.css

I might also not that this plugin for copper mine is NOT plugin specific. it is a universal plugin that aim to be able to sync with almost all software out there. this is also why it uses curl for the frameless view. as a real integration (all tho better, would require me to define globals and so on..)

anyway if there at a feature time comes a huge userbase for it we can always look in to creating a coppermine plugin on its own =)

-Thanks for listening!

Morten

fanno

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 10:13:54 pm »

i forgot  to say that the css conflict resolve is the same as:
http://www.mehdiplugins.com/misc/cssintegrator.htm

it is just automated, so user don't have to do anything (only delete cache files if css is changed)

it's also what we right now recommend for all the other css conflicts we have
http://www.jfusion.org/index.php/docs/doku.php?id=fix;css

and users can always ask for help in our forum =)

-Thanks

Edit: and i think using curl has one benefit that i think matters "a lot" it make it so no hacks are needed to copper mine and you can update copper mine as you want without breaking it.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 10:40:10 pm »

Yep, I know about the great tool.

Phill104=Phill Luckhurst (ie, me)

http://www.jfusion.org/index.php/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2263

It is good to see how this project is coming together. When I first tried it back in the early days there were still a lot of problems but they seem to be getting ironed out very quickly. Good luck with it and thanks for keeping the Coppermine community up to date.

fanno

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 10:53:19 pm »

ahh cool =), glad to meat you =)

I took Mehndi idea one step further =)! will keep you posted if any changes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.