Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WP Antique theme by LVIV converte for CPG 1.4.x  (Read 12461 times)

Shane

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
  • Choose Again
    • The Philmont Forum
WP Antique theme by LVIV converte for CPG 1.4.x
« on: December 05, 2008, 01:50:18 pm »

I began playing with a Wordpress installation (cpg link) and decided to try to convert its theme to Coppermine.  The theme is ANTIQUE by LVIV (can be downloaded on the WordPress site).  Zip file and screenshots are attached.

I have incorporated a few hacks into the theme:
link - Display videos from YouTube in Coppermine
link -     
Short (Truncated) Album Description and Displaying on Thumbnail Page
link - add 'previous' and 'next' to page tabs

As you can see from the screenshots, the theme is pretty much a match for the original WP theme.  I cannot figure out how to finish the boxes around the cpg menu items the way they are finished around the wp menu items.  If one of you code gurus can add a fix for that, the theme would be a complete match.

Hope someone finds this useful.

Thanks GIZMO for the great walk through on how to convert a WP theme to CPG!  The steps needed were dead on, and I couldn't have done this without your help.

* Added new zip to first post - HT *

« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 02:40:13 pm by Hein Traag »

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: WP Antique theme by LVIV converte for CPG 1.4.x
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 02:01:51 pm »

Very nicely done! Maybe you could add a line to the cpg theme which explains which wordpress theme was converted (for credits etc).

Shane

• Contributor
  • Choose Again
    • The Philmont Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 02:13:38 pm »

Updated zip file to include proper theme credits on theme.php file.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 12:47:06 am »

Had to perform some minor edits. Thanks for your contribution.

Demo - Download
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 07:38:15 pm by Joachim Müller »

Shane

• Contributor
  • Choose Again
    • The Philmont Forum
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 02:22:37 pm »

I fixed the css and theme issues so that the menu "boxes" are shown correctly on the CPG version of this template.

Updated .zip attached.  I updated the numbering to v1.4.  I tested these files on my live site and they worked for me.

Joachim - I made changes to the style.css, style_wp.css, and theme.php files.  I'm not sure what you had to edit, so you may want to check to see if I undid anything you added.

Live site using this theme is here.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 07:37:48 pm »

Joachim - I made changes to the style.css, style_wp.css, and theme.php files.  I'm not sure what you had to edit, so you may want to check to see if I undid anything you added.
You based your edit on my version, so that should be fine. I used a diff viewer to perform a three-way comparison - I suggest to do the similar thing in the future. Diff viewers like WinMerge a great tools to understand the essentials of code edits performed by others. Therefor, diff viewers are a great tool to learn from others and be able to quickly get an idea about changes.

The only tiny flaw you made was the naming convention and the nesting of folders within the archive. That's what I changed accordingly and created a new package with a new version number - but that's mainly for end user friendliness and to make all theme download packages the same.

I have edited my above posting to make the links in the posting point to the updated version.

Thanks for your edit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.