Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Move pictures in different folders  (Read 4219 times)

arne

• Coppermine newbie
    • Australia for backpackers (english version will follow soon!)
Move pictures in different folders
« on: April 24, 2004, 10:36:21 am »

Hi everyone,

I've got a problem  ;)
CPG vers. 1.2.1

I've created several subfolders via ftp, because my "userpics" folder had to many pics.
well, i thought some more subfolders should be better to have a nice view of what I've got in my different albums.

here's the problem:
if I move pictures via ftp from "userpics" to "newsubfolder" I have to retitle and redescribe all this pictures! I reckon I#ll also lose all views and comments.

is there any sollution to move pictures to different folders without redoing everything?

any help is appreciated!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Move pictures in different folders
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 12:19:49 pm »

1) once the pics are in the database you mustn't touch them with ftp (don't move nor rename)!
2) Do not ftp-upload files to "userpics" - instead: create subfolders within "albums".
3) Better check the documentation that comes with coppermine: http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#batch_add_pics

GauGau

arne

• Coppermine newbie
    • Australia for backpackers (english version will follow soon!)
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 05:56:33 pm »

Hi GauGau

great, I better read next time before I'm using an easy looking tool  ::)

I've created the subfolders already. There's probably no other opportunity to move these pictures? maybe with php myAdmin?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004, 07:21:15 am »

sure, if you know your way around in phpMyAdmin (backing up your db before "playing" with it strongly recommended):
move your folders and then run the proper queries on the db. Coppermine stores picture paths relatively to the folder you specified in coppermine config. Files you added with batch-add end up with a relative path to the "albums" folder.
You could use a query like this:
UPDATE `cpg11d_pictures` SET `filepath` = 'new/path/to/pics/' WHERE `aid` = '22';
Replace the pink stuff with your table prefix, the red stuff with your new relative path (the path you moved your pics to, must be a relavtive path from the albums dir) and the orange value with the album id (aid) of the album the pics are in.
HTH

GauGau

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.