Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Hi there which one do I use.  (Read 10913 times)

Crafty Thingz

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Hi there which one do I use.
« on: November 05, 2008, 04:33:58 am »

You have selected the 1.4.19 (stable) release.
Please choose the file that best matches your architecture or operating system from the list of files contained in this release.

I'm www.craftythingz.co.nz/gallery I asked an earlier question which was great then someone advised I should up date. ::)  :o   I have never done anything like this before.  I have access to my ftp.  I have backed up on my site and downloaded the whole database to everything website,gallery and forum to my computer.

Now I am at the bit of finding the unpack archive. (haven't a clue what that was so I went into this forum and found some downloads.)  I clicked on them and got several different versions of the same thing.  Which one do I use.??  Also I am using zilla-client (my web hosting advised me to use this)  Do I down load to my computer  Then unpack and then transfer the files from my computer into the files that are already there. (oh how do you unpack an archive file)Novice and it shows.  ::) ::)  my apologizes.  I'm on a big learning curb.  thanks for in advance for your help.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 01:25:50 am by Nibbler »

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
Re: Hi there which one do I use.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 05:28:58 am »

Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 10:25:00 am »

If you're confused which "flavor" of the cpg1.4.19 package you should use (cpg1.4.19.7z, cpg1.4.19.tar.bz2, cpg1.4.19.tar.gz, cpg1.4.19.zip) then just ask yourself: "what application do I have on my client for archiving/unarchiving packages?". Most users on Windows go for the zip package, because MS Windows XP / Vista already come with zip archive support out of the box.

Crafty Thingz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 09:17:31 am »

Hi ya

so the last one you mentioned is the one to do  with a zip on the end.  (excuse me I am rather basic)  Thanks heaps I'm still working at reading and following the tutorial before attempting the upgrade

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 10:21:18 am »

so the last one you mentioned is the one to do  with a zip on the end.

Yes - its cpg1.4.19.zip
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

Crafty Thingz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 10:35:57 am »

Hi,  I have finally plucked up the courage to upload my files using zilla.  But when I look at the forum  www.craftythingz.co.nz/galleryit hasn't changed.  I did call the new folder gallery 2   Would this have made a difference to what i did.   i went into ftp and in the gallery folder (original one) I placed the gallery 2 folder.  Has this been done right. Then I followed the instructions in the tutorial
Many thanks for your help.  I did follow the tutorial as best as I could.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 10:46:30 am »

You're not suppossed to rename anything. You upload the files from the new package to exactly the same folder your gallery currently resides in, overwriting the existing files on the webserver with the new ones from the package. There's no upgrading tutorial available afaik, just the section of the docs that says the same thing I just posted.

Crafty Thingz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 12:17:58 am »

okay I shall go and delete what I have done.  i followed the instruction that is further up on this thread. tutorials. (I thought it was rather good) ::)
I will see what I can come up with regarding upgrade.I've got the download down and unzipped it.  From here I will go into forum and see if i can find the spot about what to do.

Crafty Thingz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 01:17:38 am »

Hi ya,

Well I have done a upgrade (I think) could someone please check that I have done it successfully please  www.craftythingz.co.nz/gallery
Now I have a wee issue.  When I click on documentation I get nothing.  what do I have to do to get it working again.

If you see any errors of my upgrade can you please let me know.  This is my first time doing something like this.  Much appreciated and thanking you in advance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 01:52:37 pm »

You appear not to have replaced all files. Use versioncheck to perform a check if you have replaced all files that needed to be replaced.

Crafty Thingz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 12:35:29 am »

Hi ya,  doing really well now.  I have the version 19 running except for anycontent.php which is version 14. (marked in red on version check)  What do I do to fix this.  I transferred the file but did not overwrite it as I thought the instructions were not to overwrite. Thanks heaps in advance.

Crafty Thingz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 01:21:56 am »

Thanks Joachim for your help.  I search anycontent php on this forum and have read it doesn't matter.  All is good.  Thanks again.  Off to work on the look of the forum now.  Big smiles at completely my first upgrade.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.