Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: no GD library, no ImageMagick  (Read 2217 times)

josed

• Coppermine newbie
no GD library, no ImageMagick
« on: April 23, 2004, 10:15:42 pm »

My internet hosting company does not have GD library or ImageMagick installed, and they're unwilling to install either of them. They say that it makes their server unstable.

I had installed CM and everything works fine, except it does not seem to upload images because of this.  Do I have any other recourse?  ie. is it possible to make CM work without the GD library or ImageMagick?

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
Re: no GD library, no ImageMagick
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 10:48:18 pm »

No, you're only hope would be to look at something like netPBM and see if you could hack Coppermine to use it.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: no GD library, no ImageMagick
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 12:05:47 pm »

...but this would require some php coding skills. I'd rather recommend using menalto gallery: this software can be used with NetPBM out-of-the-box.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.