Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copy Files from one gallery to another?  (Read 3010 times)

gdg9

• Coppermine newbie
Copy Files from one gallery to another?
« on: November 26, 2008, 02:44:03 am »

I did a search and couldn't find the answer...

I am running a gallery at:  http://www.dfwtower.com/coppermine/

The question is, is it possible, and if so, how, for a user to upload all the photos he has on his own coppermine gallery to mine, all at once?  Or does he have to upload them all one at a time?  Thanks.

Greg
dfwtower.com

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Copy Files from one gallery to another?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 07:32:51 am »

You can't merge two coppermine galleries into one, if that's what you're asking. If there are too many pics to manually upload them all, make that other user archive all his pics and send them to you (if he lives near you, make him burn a CD). You can then FTP-upload plus batch-add. If you trust that other user enough, give im FTP access to your site (not recommended).
Not related to PostNuke, moving accordingly.

gdg9

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 04:35:07 am »

OK, thanks for the answer! 

ThePharaoh

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 06:55:05 am »

Yes, you can merge the albums.  Coppermine is a basic, free version so it does not have the advanced coding features other, paid-for software has.  Like drop and drag moving of photos from one album to another.  Yes, there are programs which allow you to do this, but you have to pay for them.  If it's a fucntion to be executed and not dependent on an outside source, such as your server, it is possible throug coding changes.  However, it would be a very complex mod to execute.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 07:12:45 am »

There is no need to be rude with supporters, ok? The question is perfectly answered. (There is no need that I affirm what Joachim said  :P  but I don't like the attitude you had in this and the other posting)

If you have skills to develop a better software than Coppermine, go ahead, good luck!

Coppermine is a basic
Yes, by users who don't know how to read a simple pair of docs! And yes, you can move pictures from one album to another. But, you can't merge two galleries into one.

(I think you just won a 3 days holidays outside the forum...  ::)  Let's see what Joachim says..  ;D)

@Joachim: Sorry for cluttering the topic... Morons really piss me off..
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 10:20:22 am »

Yes, there are programs which allow you to do this, but you have to pay for them.
I'd love to see a link to an app (free or paid) that is capable to merge two coppermine-driven galleries into one. Please post a link to such an app if you know it. If you can't provide a link to such a miracle tool, then please do as Fabri suggested and review your attitude: there is no reason for your confrontational postings.

If it's a fucntion to be executed and not dependent on an outside source, such as your server, it is possible throug coding changes.  However, it would be a very complex mod to execute.
I'd love to see your coding skills: surprise us all and come up with that super-mod. I didn't say that it's impossible to come up with the code to merge two coppermine-driven galleries. But the code to accomplish doesn't exist yet, at least not as far as we (the coppermine dev team) are aware of. Please let us see some samples of your coding skills - your script-foo must be greater than ours ;).

I think you just won a 3 days holidays outside the forum.
ThePharaoh clearly is under observation (trolling suspect). Let's see if he can up with real content instead of just just boasting what a genius he is. If he doesn't review his attitude, he will of course have to take a posting break ;)

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.