Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Troubles with batch add - I don`t know whats going on  (Read 3622 times)

qba

• Coppermine regular visitor
Troubles with batch add - I don`t know whats going on
« on: December 01, 2008, 06:56:40 pm »

Hi everyone

Few days ago I changed my server. Yesterday I installed new Coppermine Gallery 1.4.19 and I have some troubles with it. These troubles are new for me because my previous gallery (also Coppermine but older version) was from 3 years trouble-free.

I have strange problem with batch add:

1. By quantity 20 photos and more after push the "Insert" button, website "come back" to first menu where I`ve already chose the directory with photos instead of insert photos to album or,
1a. in another time, photos are inserting to album but not all of them (only few). Also only few thumbnails are visible during batch add.. All files are .jpg and in the same directory
2. When I would like to delete chosen files in album, there are not deleted from server (from directory)
3. Also in album properities (files edit) when I choose 20-30 photos  for delete, finally script deletes only 2-5 photos...

I tried to set CHMOD of directories to 775 and 777. Pics are not so big 50-350 kB / each. I`m using GD 2.x (not Image Magic).
As I wrote before this kind of troubles are very new for me.
I tried also to change setup of Cache in .htaccess

Could You help me? I couldn`t find similar problem and sollution on this forum.. Forgive me please, but I`m layerman... ;)

qba

Re: Troubles with batch add - I don`t know whats going on
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 08:19:02 pm »

I forgot to add "Critical error" when I`m trying to delete:

"Skrypt został wywołany bez wymaganego parametru. (user46591)" (in Polish)
Script was evoked without required parameter (user 46591)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 09:17:12 pm »

Read up board rules. Read up the docs, section "asking for support on upload issues". And don't mark your thread as "solved" if you expect answers ::).

qba

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 09:22:59 pm »

Sorry for "Solve"

I read Documentation and I still don`t know what I should to do.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 07:01:40 am »

OK, let me quote the section of the docs I refered to:
Asking for support on upload issues

When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
So: where's the link to your gallery? Where's the test user account? Why do you say that you don't know what to do? The instructions are totally straightforward imo.

qba

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 08:59:56 am »

OK.

Address to gallery: http://qba.8p.pl/automobilia1/index.php
User: test
User pass: 12345

Yesterday I`ve made some tests and I think it can me mistake in CACHE or in MySQL connection... :(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 09:31:10 am »

You haven't done as suggested: the number of file upload fields is set to 5 (should be 1), the number of URI upload fields is set to 3 (should be 0), debug_mode is off (should be on).
Again (from the very section that I already quoted):
Asking for support on upload issues

When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.
Are you trying to drive me mad? You haven't even tried uploading with the test user account for yourself, as there was no album the user was allowed to upload to - I had to create one first. Don't expect to be spoon-fed: you ask for support -> you do your homework first.
Therefor (for the very last time as far as I'm concerned): read the f*** manual and do exactly as suggested there. Apply the suggested changes, then post back here with the results you get. After that, a supporter may look into your issues if applicable. >:(

qba

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 10:19:30 am »

I changed settings as You wrote me

Don`t be angry at me. This is not public gallery - only for view, so I have never had a need to ceare more than one user (admin)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 07:44:06 pm »

Unfortunately, you still have upload approval turned on so we cannot see for sure if a file has uploaded.

As for getting angry, it is more frustration. When people do not do as asked then not only does it waste your time but it wastes the time of those trying to help you. When 20+ people per day don't do as they are asked then this really adds up to a lot of wasted time.

Uploading a small file appears to work fine but uploading large pics brings up the error.

"The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@qba.8p.pl and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

This suggests that there is a problem on your server. Do as suggested and check the logs. If that doesn't help then ask your host for assistance.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.