Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: Coding to display default album thumbnail  (Read 2713 times)

treehstn

• Coppermine frequent poster
[Invalid]: Coding to display default album thumbnail
« on: November 20, 2008, 07:20:07 pm »

Hi,

My site is built using Mambo.  I'm not a programmer at all.  Just know enough to be dangerous.  I have a page that was built for me by a contractor.  It searches and then displays records in my database.  Those records have CM albums attached to them.  When the search page displays the results it shows a thumbnail of one of the images in the CM album.  That thumbnail is a link to the CM album itself. 

At this point the thumbnail and the album are entered by hand into each record.  I can't get around hand entering the album AID for each record which is ok for my work flow.  But what I would like to figure out is how to have the page automatically look up the default thumbnail for the album instead of it being an entry in the database.

I don't know if this is an easy question to answer or if it's too involved for the forum.  Here is the code that I think determines how the information is queried and displayed.  What I'm wondering is if there might not be another line or two of code that would accomplish this??

Code: [Select]
function displayEAPGItem($found_item)
{
echo "<h2>EAPG Details Page</h2>";

$sql = "SELECT e.Id,
e.patternName,
e.pattern1,
e.pattern2,
e.pattern3,
e.pattern4,
e.thumb_location,
e.album_location,
m.title,
e.notes,
CONCAT(b.title, ' ', eb.pages)
FROM eapg AS e LEFT JOIN eapg_makers AS em ON em.itemid = e.id
LEFT JOIN makers AS m ON em.makerid = m.id
LEFT JOIN eapg_books AS eb ON eb.itemid = e.id
LEFT JOIN books AS b ON eb.bookid = b.id
WHERE e.Id = ".$found_item;
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 09:45:37 pm by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

Re: Coding to display default album thumbnail
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 08:18:49 pm »

That code is nothing to do with Coppermine.

treehstn

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 08:31:47 pm »

I know it doesn't.  What I'm trying to do is replace the code that calls the thumbnail (e.thumb_location) with code that displays the default thumbnail for the corresponding album.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 09:06:03 pm »

I know it doesn't.
So? Post in Mambo's forum for supporting. This forum deals only with coppermine.
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en espaņol
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

treehstn

Re: [Invalid]: Coding to display default album thumbnail
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 10:17:58 pm »

Let me rephrase.  If I want to automatically display the default thumbnail image that is assigned to a specific CM album how might I do that?  I can see in the "albums" table of CM there is a field called thumb.  It appears that the value of that field is 0 if the album's thumb is set as the default which is the last image loaded into the album.  But if I select a specific image in the album to be the default album image it appears that a numeric value is in that field in the table.  How is CM determining the value?  And is it one that changes when other images are added to the album?

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 10:44:27 pm »

That number corresponds to the 'pid' of the picture in the pictures table. It will only change if you specify a different thumbnail.

treehstn

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 11:15:41 pm »

Thank you!!  That was exactly what I needed to know.  It means that I can modify the album thumbnail without having do make any other changes.  Now I just need to figure out the part about getting it to display where I want it to in the first place.  I think that part of my question will need to be focused on the php code itself instead of CM.  I appreciate your time Nibbler.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.