Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My user gallery is showing extra number of albums  (Read 3649 times)

aem

• Coppermine novice
My user gallery is showing extra number of albums
« on: April 23, 2004, 02:15:28 am »

There are like 4 extra albums (numbering) in my "user-galleries" album amounts. Previous i had typed in the "Custom fields for image description" boxes but have got rid of them. Assuming this links to the # of albums?, the user-galleries still show the extra 4. This is also apparent when i go to upload pics, there are the for extra albums (with asterixs before them).

How do i delete these 4 extra albums, which i canot even see anywhere?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: My user gallery is showing extra number of albums
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 06:24:02 am »

I don't get the point - please post a deep link or (even better) a screenshot (highlight the stuff you want to get rid off).

GauGau

aem

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 07:01:12 am »

okie refer to image (poor quality i know)

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.digitalpose.com%2Fmbr%2F520%2F3027%2Fp%2F641635_8438631183724220657_vl.jpg&hash=ef2c065b67414282ea5fd9b4e62f3480a9a09d11)

It says 11 albums under "Albums" column. It then says 14 in the sentence above the "close window" words

24 pictures in 14 albums ans 1 category with 0 comments viewed 75 times

I know for sure that there are only 6 member album currently + a manager album (mine) which should totalled to 7. Why are they 11 or 14 as seen in the places in the image?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 07:03:28 am »

please post a link as well, since you seem to be running a live gallery...

GauGau

aem

• Coppermine novice

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 07:22:30 am »

OK, now I get your point. This is caused by user having created albums but not uploaded anything to it. The album count will show the absolute number of albums, but in the user gallery view only those that have pictures in them will be displayed. Same thing applies if they have created albums and set "can only be viewed by me".

Since changing the way the number of albums are being displayed on the index page would mean a lot of additional queries we decided to skip this for performance reasons, so this actually not a bug, but a cosmetical issue your should be able to live with imo.

GauGau

aem

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 07:34:22 am »

Oh i see, makes sense. Thanks.

If i can just ask, while on the subject of albums, is there a way i can move the user albums that are visible to a one of the the three albums created by me (namely Fifth Generation, Fourth Generation and Third & Second Generation, see link)?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004, 08:39:00 am »

you (as admin) can move all albums that are not within the user galleries to any category you like: click "properties" next to the album thumbnail (when logged in as admin) and use the dropdown to move the album to another category.

GauGau

P.S. Next time, please post new questions in a new thread - for the sake of others browsing this board by subject lines it's better to have only one question per thread...

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2004, 10:36:41 am »

See this thread for how to move albums from the user galleries, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=3420.0
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.