Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Turned Down]: Filename option for uploads while placing in albums  (Read 4585 times)

St. Anger

• Coppermine frequent poster

In the upload process, while placing new uploads in albums, could an option be added to set a new filename for the uploaded file? Just the same as when an admin is editing a file in the gallery, but to occur before the file is placed in an album. I guess the way this would work would be simply by giving a new filename to an uploaded file when it is copied over from the server's temporary directory.

I think this would be a useful feature in and of itself, but especially for people who enforce a specific format for filenames of files in their gallery, like myself. For example, in my gallery I require all new uploads to have a specific filename format that contains very important information about the image, which makes the search feature much more useful. It would be so much easier to change the filenames of files just after uploading them than having to go edit them separately in the gallery.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 01:24:30 pm by Joachim Müller »

SaWey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • SaWey.be
Re: Filename option for uploads while placing in albums
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 10:32:47 am »

What about editing the filename before you upload?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Filename option for uploads while placing in albums
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 01:24:21 pm »

Wouldn't be a helpfull feature for a lot of people, but only a very small minority (i.e. the thread starter). Request turned down. Marking thread accordingly.

@St. Anger: you need it -> you code it. You're welcome to post your hack once it's done as contribution (although I don't think that a lot of people will find it usefull).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.